Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

christmas cards
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:13:32 pm »
hi guys i was wondering do u post or just hand the christmas cards to your customers?
do you have personalised cards or just buy them from shops?
i was looking on the web and saw that it's cheaper just personalise them rather than buy them from shops.thank you

Re: christmas cards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:21:20 pm »
Things like this help build up a good relationship with the customer, and help when putting up the price a few months down the line.
I tended to hand deliver at the same time as doing the clean, starting 1 December.
If it's cheaper to get 'corperate' ones made then go down at route, whichever way, if it costs 50p per customer then it's a good invertment in future custom.

C.C.S.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »
i gave christmas cards for the last 2 years really makes a difference but i find quite time consuming to hand write them,that's why i thought that it's better to personalise them.

C.C.S.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »
i gave christmas cards for the last 2 years really makes a difference but i find quite time consuming to hand write them,that's why i thought that it's better to personalise them.i only have like 400 customers but it's still time consuming

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:09:09 pm »
My wife has bought 300 from a friend of hers that works for a charity. A good % of each pack of 10 goes to the charity. Ill hand them out while im cleaning and post if no one is home
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cozy

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »
Yeah, but so they don't think you are only doing for a tip, put 'em in the letterbox after they have paid. That will make the right impression.

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »
Yeah, but so they don't think you are only doing for a tip, put 'em in the letterbox after they have paid. That will make the right impression.

Thats what I do, wouldnt hand it to them while they got cash out, looks like your as desperate as those who work in 70 mph winds and hammering it down  ;D ;)

highwash

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 09:38:55 am »
Why wait for one time in a year to wish your customers well.
They will think you are looking (begging?) for for a tip when they have been paying your wages for the last year.
A Christmas card from a service provider will join all the rest of the festive bumph in the re-cycling box.
A far better and rewarding way is to give a new year business card, "thanking them for supporting your business during the previous year and looking forward to continuing the service"
Keeping the customer will be more beneficial than a tip !
For those who rely on Christmas tips to survive, well, you're not running the business properly

Terry

cozy

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:10:08 am »
Can't see anyone in this thread that said they needed a tip to survive mate. Calm down ;) Second guessing what customers do with the Christmas card you give them doesn't make any difference anyway. Not everyone thinks the same, or everyone would have a window cleaner.

C.C.S.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:18:17 am »
i don't give christmas cards for tips just as a nice gesture during the winter holidays.many of them offer me card so would be nice from me to answer the same way.i would be more happy if they'll continue remaining loyal for the next year rather than a christmas tip.

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:19:32 am »
LOL didn't mean you mate, I was answering Highwash ;D

C.C.S.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 10:32:45 am »
i know don't worry .you're one of the good guys ;D :D

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 11:37:58 am »

Thats what I do, wouldnt hand it to them while they got cash out, looks like your as desperate as those who work in 70 mph winds and hammering it down  ;D ;)
Thats the best time to hand it to them  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)