Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyfindlay

Am I getting Old
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:26:19 pm »
Did a job today for an old dear in a sheltered complex. Had tea and Jamaican Ginger Cake, with loads of butter. On the way home bought a ginger cake, that is now 1/2 demolished. Years since I`ve had one of those. At 42 am I getting old?

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Am I getting Old
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 12:17:14 am »
of course not, I'm 42 and I'm still as fit and able as I always was ;) However there are some things that may help

Mount you equipment in the van or get a TM You will need longer hose but at least you won't have to hump the bloody thing in and out all day. Put it in first thing, leave it there all day, take it out at night, just make sure the tanks are emptied before you pull off or it will spill everywhere :D

Glasses, things appear a little blurred, the telly, the wife & spots on carpets

Electric Blanket/hot water bottle One needs this as the nights get a little cooler, it eases back pain and warms the feet

A Glide for your wand Sometimes there's just too much suck or drag and you need some teflon wrapped around the end to make your job easier and smoother. Fair enough it does feel like you're having a bath with your boots on & not doing anything, but the results the same; a nice clean rug ;D

I too like Ginger cake with a cuppa, but might I recommend Lyons Golden Syrup cake for the essential energy boost during the day.

42 old. Pah!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:32:11 am »
ginger cake & lyons golden syrup cake should only be eaten hot and drowned in custurd..yum..yum!!

what really makes you feel old is when a customer asks if your 38yr old assistant is your son :o :o  .....how old must I look to get that question
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:58:47 am »
Big 40 for me next year and as I get older the work load gets bigger and the missus and the kids get more expensive, agree with you Mick definately hot custard but no lumps in it.

I was working out if it was cheaper to devorce the missus and live on my own and after  certain payments how much I'd have left and it worked out I would be loaded......think on ;D

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:20:33 am »
you know your getting old when your 3 year old son beats you at mario kart. guilty as charged. :-[
derek

ps... not had ginger cake for decades, think its time.

fenman

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 10:12:00 am »
You know you are getting old when you turn into your dad.
When you were a teenager and knew it all this was the worst thing you could ever imagine. :D

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:57 pm »
Shockingly I was with a customer this week and she had a lovely little 2 year old, she was born the year I left school :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 02:00:58 pm »
I have learned to Dad dance so I can upset the kids.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-YkoXPkjI

Shaun

Martin S

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 06:39:39 pm »
Shockingly I was with a customer this week and she had a lovely little 2 year old, she was born the year I left school :'(

Crikey Simon you're right I am  :o, 18 is very young to be in this business!!  Fair play to you.  ;D
Martin

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 08:28:38 pm »
I have learned to Dad dance so I can upset the kids.

That's nothing mate. For 2 years we have been going to proper dance lessons on a Thursday night and trust me try doing 30 minutes of cha cha cha or jive and you know you're getting old.

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:11:05 pm »
HAHAHAHA  somebody's missus has got the "strictly" bug!! lol pity you my friend, I leave mine to watch it on her own ;)

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »
I'm with Neil on this one, I've told my wife that if she wants me to learn to dance, she must learn to fly cast whilst popping a wheelie! Sounds like a fair deal to me ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »
Fairs fair and all that. For years I dragged here around the country on Saturday afternoons to watch my non league football club and trust me one degree above freezing in January at such delights as Racing Club Warwick, Bilston, Kings Lynn, Folkstone, Weston Night Mare etc requires some payback ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:42:26 pm »
Christ on a bike, if you dragged me around to watch "Any" football match, I'd make you take up ballet.... Poor, poor woman! ;D ;D ;D