Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew46

Is this about right??
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:06:27 pm »
I'll be working with stand alone reel and external ports on van.  I was thinking of having 6 mtrs of hose from port to reel?  This should give me enough hose to have the reel away from van an nearish the house.

Does this seem reasonable or is this, on average, too much?  About right?

thanks 

fergus77

Re: Is this about right??
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:18:54 pm »
maybe 6m is a wee bit OTT, but if somebody else on here thinks otherwise, let them speak  ;D ;D

would have thought you just needed a short connecting pipe ie :1m max

Andrew46

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:23:53 pm »
Thanks.

Woudn't 1m mean the reel was on the pavement though??  I'm thinking of having enough hose to be able to place the reel away from the van as I thought it could cause an obstrustion if too near.

I was wondering what the aveargedistance the reel is placed away from van.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »
mines sits on the road right behind the doors so 1m is plenty

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:47 pm »
I also keep my reel outside the back door pointing in whatever direction.
It is better to cross pavements and other public places with yellow micro or minibore. These are less of an obstruction and easier to see than the hozelock size pipe between pump and reel.
I have around a metre, but could do with being a teeny bit longer sometimes.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:57:59 pm »
I've got half that (3m) and I'm able to put it at a good distance of the van and reach around both sides.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:49 am »
I'll be working with stand alone reel and external ports on van.  I was thinking of having 6 mtrs of hose from port to reel?  This should give me enough hose to have the reel away from van an nearish the house.

thanks 

I use a length of about 10 metres myself.  This will comfortably allow me to span a grass verge and footpath and it will usually allow me to position the reel in a place where I won't be fighting against car tyres on driveways or against other obstacles.
I prefer to use this patch piece of hose as I can cover it with a rubber mat while in attendance.  I prefer this method to having a fixed reel in the van.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:42 am »

thanks 

I use a length of about 10 metres myself.  This will comfortably allow me to span a grass verge and footpath and it will usually allow me to position the reel in a place where I won't be fighting against car tyres on driveways or against other obstacles.
I prefer to use this patch piece of hose as I can cover it with a rubber mat while in attendance. I prefer this method to having a fixed reel in the van.

he does you know ive seen it ;D

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:01 pm »
Mine sits right outside my van doors, then i have 300 ft of hosing on my reel :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

Andrew46

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:00:01 pm »
Thanks Guys for your replies.  Looks like most have reel just by back of van doors. 

dave.e

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 06:06:40 pm »
i have mine inside the van no problems at all easy  ;D ;D ;D ;D