Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Whats Happened at Servicemaster ?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 11:20:25 pm »
It's complicated :)

For example, could you afford to go out and buy this tomorrow?

Nope, neither could I, but I get a little help ;)

Plus, the jobs that I do get sent from national accounts help raise my profile and I do get to go back and do private work after being sent in to clean a dirty mark off a suite or something for one of our big customers like Laura Ashley, Next, M&S, J Lewis etc etc.

It's all about taking advantage of the situation.  Example:  I have to go clean a mark off a Laura Ashley suite that was delivered.  I sort it (always simple, only a bit of muck off the van or driver's hand or something) and when the customer gets that feeling of elation that you fixed their problem, you accept the cup of tea they offer and start dropping in stuff to the conversation to promote carpet care etc.  I've even got protection jobs there and then with upholstery where they haven't bought it off the supplier but I sell it to them.

I clean quite a lot of suites with our name on, especially at this time of year.  The suite cleans I get in a year (and spin off work from them) more than make up for the communal advertising pot we have to pay in to.

That said, I won't be yellow forever I don't think ;)

derek west

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 01:11:11 am »
yes gym kneel i could afford it and i did. maybe not quite the spec of yours but still.

its cheaper to buy your own top kit than buy a franchise

example
my total spends on full kit were £28k

chemdry franchise (truckmount) £50k

its a no brainer really

oh i forgot, with the chemdry franchise you get 50,000 leaflets, .

i looked in to franchises heavily before i committed and believe me i could not justify the extra expence. the extra work you get from them only just covers the franchise fee and ongoing fees. so realisticly your only making the same profit you would going it alone.

i think if your not confident in your own abilities to run a business then franchises are a way of getting that confidence, but you certainly pay for it.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 11:04:23 am »
Although I agree with you Derek the one thing I would add is that CD and others advice high prices and the brand name can (not always) get you those prices, and I think you mayhit the floor running with some work passed on immediately to make you feel you have spent well.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
Agree with you derek :)

Same as me and i could afford the cost if needed. ;D

Have just payed out a lot on a band new van and other items for my business ;D

Sure you will get some work as shaun said as its passed onto you..

There arnt many other local c cleaners that are doing as well as myself and roger an we are and have always been independant :)

jasonl

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 11:32:37 am »
I paid 9k plus vat for CD franchise and all the kit when I was 22 years old , I told them point blank, I was only buying in order to learn to operate a business, they were desperate for income back then, so they took my money.

I am much much better off independently operating, both financially and emotionally. At the time it was the best available option.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 11:33:57 am »
The thing is that if you don't have any push you won't get anything done, franchises can motivate you also you are in a family and some people like this, franchises also sell easier some neighbouring franchisees may want to buy an extra area and they know what they are getting so the brand does work in favour.

Personally i'd have thought SM and Rainbow would be better to buy as they are in the majority of the insurance market and also unlike CD there are only a few in an area in Sheffield I think there are 9 licenses CD's.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 11:39:51 am »
Go on Shaun , you know you want a CD licence
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 12:19:30 pm »
I'd rather have a cd licence than a marriage licence the monthly fees are cheaper.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 12:20:56 pm »
Not much cheaper
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings