Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fergus77

Anybody use Vermop Toplock gear?
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:48:54 pm »
Just wondering if anybody use's this stuff?

Ionics catalogue came through today with bits in it, looked like smart tools but would like to know what other people thought

pingu

Re: Anybody use Vermop Toplock gear?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:22 pm »
Hey Cozy have you come across this equipment with ye ol' boxheads?

http://www.vermop.com/english/profi.html#fenster

Cheers
Dave.

cozy

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:57 pm »
No mate.they come from near Munich, but I wouldn't think they are a big number here.

pingu

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:32 pm »
Cheers...hows that pikey wagon?

cozy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:53:10 pm »
Ready in Spring. New electrics etc.  ;D

drwindows

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:07:21 pm »
I saw the vermop stuff on ionics online shop and decided to give them a go after being recommended by that russian fella whose on here.

I ordered the yello toplock squeegee:
http://www.ionicshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=204

and it came yesterday.  Not tried it out properly yet, but yes it is nicely made, seems very good quality.  The channel/rubber looks similar to ungers, but the gripper has a nice protector thing over it.

I'll know more when i've had a go. but first impressions are that it looks quite good.

fergus77

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:30 pm »
are the channels quick release?

you'll have to put a wee review on here when you use it.

must say i'm tempted

drwindows

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:40 pm »
are the channels quick release?

you'll have to put a wee review on here when you use it.

must say i'm tempted

By quick realease,  not sure what you mean.

To remove the channel, you press down on a spring section below the blade and slide it out.  The channel has notchces cut into it, and little teeth on the handle hold the channel and rubber in place, exactly like an unger squeegee.

You can slide the rubber out sideways leaving the channel in place.  The rubber doesnt have end clips like an ettore squeegee, but is held in place by teeth in the handle, again, its just exactly like and unger squeegee, but feels a bit better quality, better balanced.

dont know if that makes sense!  I'll take it out tomorrow and have a proper go, but as i say it looks like a nice piece of kit.  And it is quite cheap (I have the 45cm squeegee which cost £12.71.

fergus77

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 09:34:48 am »
thats what i mean't about quick release.

From the pic it looked like the channel was screwed in place and you couldn't change the channels quickly, if needed

drwindows

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 11:40:34 pm »
Ok, i had a chance to use my new vermop squeegee today and I have to say I rather like it.  I have a house with a sort of covered outside bit with about 8 big windows and a patio door.

I always use trad tools to do these windows and the Vermop squeegee was pleasant to use, not too heavy not too light.  It reminds me very much of unger, but it is subtly different, a bit better balanced and the spring clip has a nice plastic cover that the unger doesnt have.  I even tried my unger channel in it and it fitted perfectly.

So it has my seal of approval.

Think I might order some of the other vermop stuff like the scraper to see how it compares.