Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Pole Repairing!
« on: October 21, 2009, 06:36:30 pm »
Hi,

My 3 section pole is slipping all over the place, the end ( brush end)
slips down when washing upstairs windows,..

i have put a little areldite inside the clamp to prolong its life a few days ago, but its doing it again,

i dont want to waste money on new clamps if the pole itself is the problem (getting thinner with wear and friction)

as the new clamps will only be the same wont they, ? they cant go any tighter than the ones i have on,

so what do guys do when this happens,?

thanks.

landy2

Re: Pole Repairing!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »
having same problem

dai

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
This happens with the Harris pole after a while, I just cut a centimeter wide strip off a clear plastic pop bottle and wrap it round the clamp claws. Works a treat.

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:23:11 pm »
what pole is it ?
if its fiberglass, does it slip the entire leength of the section ? , I doubt it and if thats the case why dont you try removing the section and putting the brush on the other end.

personally though I'd probably cut it down or make it a 2 section for shop facias and ground floor work ;)

clean

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:28:54 pm »
If the pole is causing problems contantly then you just may have to face up to it and have to buy a new one,at the end of the day it is your work tool and it makes you money,
so i would`nt mess about i`d just buy a new one and when you do you`ll be glad you did  ;)
PK

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:38:03 pm »
Hi,

My 3 section pole is slipping all over the place, the end ( brush end)
slips down when washing upstairs windows,..

i have put a little areldite inside the clamp to prolong its life a few days ago, but its doing it again,

i dont want to waste money on new clamps if the pole itself is the problem (getting thinner with wear and friction)

as the new clamps will only be the same wont they, ? they cant go any tighter than the ones i have on,

so what do guys do when this happens,?

thanks.

Araldite Rapid smeared very thinly (almost scraping it off) over the affected area.  Leave to dry overnight and sand off to a smooth finish.  Should give you a few more months.  New clamps will improve the pole somewhat as part of the wear will be on the inside edge of the clamps.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »
Thanks for the helpful replies,

yes it does slip all the way down .

Gary

s.w.c

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 08:20:07 pm »
if the pole is a x-tel pole you need new clamp levers and new clamp bands this will help with the pole spinning and slipping i always have spare sets , if x-tel when you open clamp lever  if it moves from side to side quite easily you defo need to replace clamp band's and levers