Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matts

Flow rate for di vessel
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:35:12 pm »
Hi,

I am looking to find out what is the optimum flow rate for running tap water at a tds of 30ppm into a tank or water barrels through a di vessel.
Many thanks in advance.

jouk45

Re: Flow rate for di vessel
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:12:47 pm »
i run mine most of the time on a very slow rate, so not much pressure needed, plus you get a lot more from your resin doing it this way, odly enough, i have never check my tap pressure, but it comes out really fast when fully open,

matts

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »
thanks for that jouk,
I do the same myself to get the most out of the resin. It takes me roughly 5 or 6 mins to fill a 25ltr barrel but  if i could speed it up any this would be great. At the moment my flow rate after di is about 5ltrs a min if i could run this any faster it would be less time consuming at night after my shift.

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:27:18 am »
the pressure on ur maintap is usually 4 bar, it is impossible to increase the flow rate, of water coming in,  the flow rate that you fill ur tanks up with, all depends on which tap you are filling from, a lot of outside taps the pressure is no good as the pipe work going to it is thinner that 15 mm and wont carry enough water,  to fill quickly u might have to get an attachment to your main cold tap in the kitchen, (this usually has the best pressure)    if you live in a new build house,  the pressure should be ok all around the house,,  the flow rate at the di might be set and there might be nothing that you can do about it, as too fast might not work properly

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:01 am »
5/6 mins to fill a barrel, thats madness, I can fill a 650l tank in nearly that time. How are you making your water and storing it ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:30:21 pm »
do a tds test if its 000 then they are working fine,, if not change resing and if ts still not at 000 turn tap down a bit, so it has time to get throught the resin