Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Crimestoppers?
« on: October 21, 2009, 04:30:46 pm »
Had a phonecall today - someone asking if I would like to advertise in conjunction with crimestoppers? She said there would be one advert only for windowcleaning and suggested that I would get it as I was a good honest window cleaner. I asked her how she knew I was good and honest when she had never met me and knew nothing of my background. "Errr well you would be honest if you advertised on the crimestoppers calender wouldn't you?"
Cheerio I said.

R W C

Re: Crimestoppers?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »
I had the same thing, scouse woman, I asked her to send me a example of previous work theyve done, its in the post now apparently.

Chris

oliver collins

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:32:15 pm »
Hi 

Check its not barclays media tried to sting loads of window cleaners in the past

Regards Oliver

ftp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
Did they give you a price?

ftp

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:37:51 pm »
avoid these  they charge about 200 quid and u get to go on a calender, that they say goes to 60000 plus people,  they are usually just scams to make money for the calender people,  laso avoid the pople who say that you can advertise in tesco and asda and stuff like these, they are rip off merchants

matt

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »
funny enough i had the same phonecall  ::)

TonyD

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 07:41:18 pm »
A very common scam, I've had loads of these calls over the years.  Usually a scouse woman.    They claim to publish booklets etc to the emergency services, or charity or say they're from the Police usually.  
When I had my valeting business I used to get one a day most days, they target mobiles also most of the time as they know they stand a good chance of getting a person and not a receptionist.

NEVER say yes to anything, they record the call and I've read loads of posts from people who get an invoice some time down the line for an advert "here's the invoice to the ad you agreed to" sort of thing, then they threaten you with court etc if you dispute it.  Very nasty operators, just put the phone down straight away !

tacky

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »
its a scam .they use other methods .like saying its for schools . or to help diabled children .just put the phone down on them they ll soon get the message

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 08:55:43 pm »
f they claim it is for charity, look up there charity registration number,

Sean Dyer

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 11:50:04 am »
i had it last year paid on the phone - 125 quid i think. heard nothing after that , they did a crap version of ad put it in post and revised once or twice then never heard anything after taht , doubt it ever went to print, i am still mad about it, i need to track them down

They said it was for calendar for emergency services!! What a load of bull crap!

daz1977

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 12:18:24 pm »
i had one like that, said yes, they sent proof, decided didnt want to go a head with it, tried cancelling and got told i had to phone some one else to cancel could never get hold of them, so just didnt pay, never heard any hting since

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 06:48:30 pm »
its in the post now apparently.

Chris
might be in there a while now  ;D ;D

jezzie

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 07:11:52 pm »
KEEP WELL AWAY