Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fresh

prowler
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:59:30 pm »
any 1 know of second hand 1 for sale

andrew christopher

Re: prowler
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:12:36 pm »
Hard to find 2nd hand and they fetch good money. If your vat registered prob better buying new for the support you get from Restormate imo.

Andy

fresh

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:51:02 pm »
ok cheers buddy

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:15:56 am »
or even if you are not vat registered and you buy from Restormate you will get good support.

have a chat with John at Restormate re you wanting to buy 2nd hand, he might know of any, if not now maybe in the future.

andrew christopher

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:07:34 am »
Hi Joe,

Your right about support, what i meant was i dont think there is much difference in 2nd hand prices than buying new especialy if you can reclaim the vat element.

I think John has a couple of people interested if a used one comes up already.

I went to collect mine and John said you had the 15hp "bob the builder"! Do you think there is much difference between the 13hp and 15hp i know the pump is 2000psi but im not planing to do hard floors so felt the 1000 was plenty.
Thanks Andy

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 08:22:39 am »
I have had a brief go with Dave Powers 13hp Prowler but it was only brief so my judgement can only be based on that.
As long as you not doing massive hose runs, I think the 13hp would be more then adequate.
If you mainly do domestic then no problem I am sure.
And I am sure the new 13hp has gone back to the 2000psi pump so if you need the high pressure then you got it, though I am sure you will loose sustained high heat at that level.
Lifes a compromise at times, and for the money it is good value (as prices go).

davep

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:23:06 am »
Joe I will have to come over to compare the Prowlers, or you come and clean all my carpets and I will tell you what I think  ;)

Stu.Clem

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:44:43 pm »
Having had the pleasure  ;D of using the 2 dif models side by side (my 313 and tricky toms 315) on a joint job lately - I can tell you there is no difference in performance whatsoever - other than the extra 1000psi if u needed it.  Both share the same blowers and heat exchangers and both are designed to run at 3600rpm which is the optimum speed for the 33 blower,  If any notable difference would be that the 315 was a tad quiter and smoother and its 2000psi pump did not pulsate as much as the 1000. It also has more toys  ie digital rev counter and vac guage - I however dont miss these things and much prefer having the option of pull start should the need arise.... Also the more compact chassis and ligher weight of the 313 def swayed my decision.  This said I think the 315 is not being manufactured any longer - John at restormate could verify this.

In  a nutshell they both acheive amazingly similar effortless results tho "bob the builder"  8)  having a bit more engine power does it with a bit less strain on its engine. 

Best wishes

Stu

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 09:13:43 pm »
Dave, that's the "Flood Pumper", no good for cleaning carpets!  Fantastic piece of kit for those in the flood restoration business.  We've got one out in a local Flood Restoration franchise and they love it, even using it for fires cleans with spinner tools.