Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Extra Vans on the Road
« on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:52 am »

markpowell

Re: Extra Vans on the Road
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:22 am »
You wont want to back to the TM once you get hooked on these mate ;D
Mark

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:38:24 am »
Going to get 4 brand new Citroen Relay vans plastered with the slogan

"Best Clean Ever Or Your Money Back"     (no offence to anyone who has that on their van)

That should work.  ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:58:52 am »
The original DIY carpet cleaner, the tub Vax usually ended up in a cupboard, but Vax has one of these as well as Bissel and Hoover.
They can produce what a domestic user would regard as an excellent result if used regularly are capable of keeping carpets clean in homes and offices.
Judging by the number of stockists of not just the machines but the cleaning fluids, it's a huge market and does impact on the overall carpet cleaning market.
Have you tried one?
I got the original Hoover model which was brought into the UK by the same man who brought in the Vax.
The last Vax model is double the size and it would be interesting to hear from anyone whose tried it. It's being advertised in Cleaning Matters for several months as a commercial cleaner, so offices and care homes will be buying them.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:12 am »
I have a friend who has one and she used to boast about how good it was... ::) I agreed it was better than a Vax but when she came to help me on a couple of jobs she decided her Bissel would make a better clothes horse than a carpet cleaning machine!

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 08:16:06 am »
They are, to us just TOYS and most will end up like the old Vax or skipped, but all of these cheap machines do have an impact on the market for a while.

Wonder how much WONDER FOAM is sold each year in the UK

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:33:45 am »
I cleaned a ladies oven some while ago and I asked her if she would like a quote for carpet cleaning (Like you do!)

"Oh no, I'll do my own with this new steaming machine I've just bought from QVC... What do you think of them?"

"Erm....I think my phone's ringing!"

How do you answer that without laughing?

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 08:41:05 am »
Robert
Yes I have tried one and within their limitations they dont tdo a bad job.

I advertise in one of those local magazine type things, and the guy says his wife has one or he would call me in to do the job. She cleans lounge carpet with it once a month because he says it gets dirty quick.  I said thats because she using detergent to clean, probably too much of it, laying water/detergent down that the machine cant suck up thro lack of power, and it all dries with a sticky residue in carpet.
Advised him to tell his wife to lay off the detergent next time she cleaned in an attempt to get stuff out of carpet. Told him to check how much suds came up even just with clean water.

Maybe, just a maybe, I may get a call sometime in the future.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 09:54:22 am »
I used to have a Vax before I became a C/C. I used to have to clean my carpets and sofa every 6 weeks at least, once I'd started...

Then when I started the business up, a mates' wife rang and asked how much to clean her 4 seater corner sofa for! Being very new to the game I quoted £90 then knocked £20 off (Mates Rates!) She told me I was still far too expensive, so I gave them my Vax for them to do it themselves!

About 6 weeks later I bumped into him and asked how he'd got on with cleaning his sofa with the Vax and he said they'd decided to get it done "Professionally" (Tactless Twit -. I'm getting my "I's" and "A's" mixed up ;D) How much? £140 ??? Fair enough for the C/C but the guy told me his wife was too embarassed to get me back in after telling me I was too expensive ::)  That's fair enough, cos I'm too embarassed to go and pick my Vax up.... I'd only take it straight to the tip!!!!!