Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Water mark - Carpet tiles
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:28:18 pm »
Hi Guys

Got a shop floor to do Sunday made up of carpet tiles with some areas it feels like its laid on board, not particularly dirty apart from a few gum marks plus they had a burst pipe and subsequently water leaked onto the floor and has left a few large water marks.

Is there something specific I should use on the water marks, or is it more likely to just come out in the normal clean?
And what about removing gum on bitumen tiles? Citrus gel in moderation?

Cheers
Paul

slioch

Re: Water mark - Carpet tiles
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:36:11 pm »
Is it polyprop?  Be careful with the solvents on the gum.  Check for bitumen backing - if it has this, heavy use of solvents will land you a big problem.

Take some stain absorbent compound with you for anything you think might wick back.  Consider buffing it after extraction.  Might also be an idea to use an oxidiser during or after the clean (may sound mad but it can prevent or correct yellowing on polyprop.)

Best of luck.

clinton

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »
Try and get the gum up as fast as posible after you have put the gel on also wouldnt overwet the tiles as it might cause the board to warp..

Gerry Styles

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:16:17 am »
Carpet tiles will probably be polyprop/bitumen backed

For the gum I would use prochem citrus gel and for the water mark I would pre spray with prochem browning prescription and rinse extract with prochem fibre and fabric rinse
Premier Klean Limited

Paul Simpson

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:00:47 pm »
Cheers gents.
Knew that solvents & bitumen don't mix, that's why I was asking if you guys use anything else that works well.
Have everything that Gerry mentioned so will go with that.

Cheers
Paul