Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: So close to a fall.......
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:33:49 am »
Yes I realised that the moment the ladder decided to defy 'Matts laws of Physics'  :-\

martinsadie

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 06:59:16 pm »
I slipped on that concrete with spikes, if the surface is polished spikes will do nothing
agreed i only ladder off that stuff if its sloping up away from the ladder,otherwise i have the ladder footed

windymiller

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 07:41:16 pm »
Yes i agree pressed concrete is one of the worst surfaces for spikes, so is york stone. With spikes tho you are not restricted to the 4:1 rule and can put your ladder out a lot durther to find a safe secure position for your ladder, if you cannot find this point then i would not clean the window as its not safe.
Im just starting to transfer over to wfp to eliminate this from happening.

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 07:44:52 pm »
“On camber” Stan as opposed to "off camber"  :)
like to keep it simple Ewan,not everyones as smart as you  ;D ;D

rich fraser

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 10:53:43 am »
my best fall was from the top of a 15 rung triple extension ladder fully extended. I was cleaning a planetarium roof, looks like a giant golf ball. First time up the ladder that day. bootom of the ladder was dug in the grass, i climbed to the the very top with a nice heavy weight tucker pole in hand when the bottom of the ladder gave way. Dropped the pole and held onto the ladder as there was nothing else to grab, when the top of the ladder hit the ground my knee caps where resting on a rung, and i also headbutted the top rung. This left a nice Harry Potter looking scar and f***ed both my knees.
Went full time wfp soon after.
Lesson learnt, its never worth the risk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 10:14:01 am »
more and more of my custys are getting the imprinted concrete driveways or stones[like a giant cat litter tray} ::)i use my TRAD pole now.dont take the risk with ladders.they slipped once all the way down.ladders hit sill and bent right backwards.sprained ankle and had to buy new ladders.i was VERY lucky.same with wet decking and mossy slippy surfaces.PLEASE DONT RISK IT.get competent with TRAD pole or go WFP if ur a sole trader.SAFETY FIRST.FUN LAST. ;D
price higher/work harder!