Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Bouncy bouncy!
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:15:31 am »
Another bounced cheque came through the door yesterday. Anyone else get them stamped with 'refer to drawer'?  ::)

Paul_Rolfe

Re: Bouncy bouncy!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:40 am »
Not one in ten years, not one.

LWC

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:24:19 am »
Ive had one in the whole time and thats purely cause she didnt have enough money in account, she paid immediately again and couldnt apologise more!

Ian W

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 08:41:42 am »
I had one. The bank told me to represent it and it cleared second time around.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

cozy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 08:44:23 am »
Could you charge them more for the hassle? Haven't seen a cheque here for years. Those Eurocheques that were about for 10 years or so.

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:02 am »
one bounced chq isnt that bad just put in again, i am owed 15 grand just from the last year of my plumbing business, which i will prob never see

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:39:30 am »
i've had 3 since w/c 6yrs ish.

2 this year.

one was from a good customer so i just give it back  to her next clean, otherwise it would have gone through the door with polite note.
turns out there was a ball5 up down to bank and she had a lot of grief.

the other custy was a new one i didn't really like the look of him and he asked me to do his windows never had no money on him, so asked him to post cheque, took his numbers off his van as he was a gardener as well as working for london underground, sure it was all above board ;D

oh and he use to be a w/c: he knew everything :D

when i'd finished his windows, front his mrs pulls up and says got no money.

i say it's ok hubby will post cheque.

she then replies can you do back as well

me sorry no time, anyway got my cheque in the end and it bounce, called back got cash and never returned :D ;D

MESSER >:( >:( >:(
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 09:50:49 am »
Twice. 1st time was an oversight and customer very embarrassed and apologetic.
2nd time customer had buggered off back to Holland before I knew the cheque had bounced...so no chance of payment there >:( Thankfully it was only for £80...not nice but I could live with it.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »
i ave ad 4 but i always go knocking there door next day they always pay cash with apologies

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:00 am »
Another bounced cheque came through the door yesterday. Anyone else get them stamped with 'refer to drawer'?  ::)

I've only had 4 or 5 in 18 years.
Abbey decided to stop returning them to me as they  thought it would be fun for me to guess who had bounced it.  Same with BACS payments.  They stopped showing the reference numbers.  Taking a lead from them, after making the minimum payment on my credit card bill (to avoid a charge), I think I will send them payment for £1 without any indication that it was from me.  I will mark it private and confidential to the MD so there's an outside chance that he may hear about it.  I do actually have his personal email address too.  Funny the things you can pick up on the internet if you ask around and get lucky.  I'm not going to publicise it but I will write at some point.