Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Vikan Easy Shine Interior System
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:07:39 am »
Anyone any experience of the Vikan Easy Shine interior
Window cleaning system? I`ve heard good and not so good
Reports about them.

L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Alex Gardiner

Re: Vikan Easy Shine Interior System
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:31 am »
Overall it works very well, no faster than an applicator and squeegee on really dirty windows, but slightly faster for regular fairly clean glass. For anything over 8ft you really need the 12ft extension pole that Vikan does for about £20.

I have found that for dirty windows you need to have a 'two-pad' approach. Fill the bottle with water and GG3 (or similar) and spray on the glass (or on the pad if you cannot reach the glass), work the wet glass with the first pad, I found that it was often easier to use the pad in a vertical position (rather than sideways like a WFP brush). Having done several windows wet, I then remove the wet pad and put on a dry one and go back over the glass 'polishing' them up. On lower level windows the standard microfibre cloths work well polishing up sections by hand.

For windows that are regularly cleaned then a one pad approach works well - use a slightly damp micro-fibre pad and just polish the glass with it until there are no smears etc.

My summation is that it is a useful tool for the inside of communal areas that would usually need a ladder or are over stairs etc. 

The grey polishing cloths that come with the kit are the best microfibre window cleaning cloths I've used, great for a quick polish on low level work.

MoemGorod

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:43:48 am »
We use Vikan Easy Shine kit and think its remarkable tool set for indoow cleaning (window, mirrors etc.). Fast, simple and the main - not required any special window cleaning skills in case of using pure water.  Good results with isopropanol as well.

regards,

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:20 am »
Alex,members,on average inside window glass cleaned monthly,
How many cloths would you use up starting say at 7.30am and
Finished at noon time with a 20 minute tea break mid morning?

Lewis  Doubtfire Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

MoemGorod

Re: Vikan Easy Shine Interior System New
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:02:51 pm »
1 glass mop 25sm - 20-30 sq.m
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg