Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window cleaning in the winter, I am shocked!
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:48:18 pm »
I had my first customer today that was surprised to here I will be back next month.

Ok, that's £*.** Mrs Bloggs, and your next booking date is the 29th.

What! this year?

Yes, there is still 3 months left of this year, so its another possibly three bookings before 2010.

I explained we work all year round, and she was happy, although I am just looking at her record and I have did her for 2 years and last year her November booking was a missed booking.

I am glad most customers don't have this attitude, or else Christmas really would be a tears a snotters season for me.

GWCS

Re: Window cleaning in the winter, I am shocked!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:51:00 pm »
I find xmas it picks up as people want their homes nice for when the family are at home or having visitors. I have 2 weeks off after xmas over new year so custies like the payment break into the new year and i like the time off to relax, and plan for spring.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:55:06 pm »
I take a week off over that period as well, as also find most want it done, I had some last year wanting me two come back to weeks later to get them nice before xmas, and again some say just leave it. You do get more tips which is good though.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:55:58 pm »
I find xmas it picks up as people want their homes nice for when the family are at home or having visitors.

S'funny, Ive never found that.

My work seems to go mental from about April through to July with gutters. I have gutters coming out of every orifice, this year was particularly bad (well, I suppose I ought to say good actually).

kenaltobelli

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:03:24 pm »
funny had one today say do you stop for winter er NO ;
only got one up to now who rings come spring and i leave him nov thru to easter say
hes only had 3 cleans this year so i may get by with out him.