Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

How to price up commercial
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:57 am »
One of my customers asked me last night if I do commercial work. Something I would like to get into.

How do you price up commercial work ?

From what he said, he has to have the windows cleaned atleast every 6months under his contract. Ill find out more later on today
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Re: How to price up commercial
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:13:43 am »
I price it the exact same way as I do resi work, but wouldn't take it on if he only wanted it done every 6 months. If you do take it on, consider charging him double, as it will be like a first clean every time.

I don't charge double on first cleans as I look at it like an investment in them, and its only the first time that it is a bit of a hassle with mucky jobs. But for every booking to be like that I would have to charge double. Again though I personally wouldn't take it on.

bravo20

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:14 am »
I was just about to ask the same question. Have been asked to quote for a nursing home, over 80 windows plus conservatory! Was planning to price by time as Glenn suggests but not sure how long it would take, only been at it a couple of months and only residential so far.
Also what payment terms do you normally expect or stipulate for commercial. Any help greatly appreciated.
John

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 10:27:44 am »
on big jobs they generally pay by bank trasfer with me, but for your 80 windows, dont go any less than £80 as a bench mark plus £10-£20 for the con depending on the size. I also would expect a job of that size to be done in about 2-3 hours but that is just a guess I I havent seen it so I am imaginings all two pained windows.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:43:09 am »
on big jobs they generally pay by bank trasfer with me, but for your 80 windows, dont go any less than £80 as a bench mark plus £10-£20 for the con depending on the size. I also would expect a job of that size to be done in about 2-3 hours but that is just a guess I I havent seen it so I am imaginings all two pained windows.

Its not so bad on a job that size but it depends on competition some will charge for a 2-3 hour job, abbout 70-75 quid with staff and make money. You have to decide what its worth to you to do if you get it you dont wanna be thinking i could make more cleaning houses here, but it will be do able in rain, and payment wont need collecting so theres advantages, depending on how hard windows are to clean somewhere between 80-100 will be ok i reckon but i always find out what prices they have already and ask to be notified of other quotes :)