Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jodan63

resin
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:15:20 pm »
does it make the resin last longer if the pressure going into the di , is high or low? or does it not matter how high or low the pressure of the water is?

cheers dale

chris@c.m.s

Re: resin
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:22:46 pm »
That's a good question quite often wondered if I used a IBC for storage of RO  and pumped it fast into the van the DI would cope  ???
Sussex by the sea

mci services

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:00:30 am »
lower pressure going through di is better i am led to believe. when my tds rises to 001 i turn the flow down at the tap and it drops back to 000

jodan63

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:05:22 am »
stu-mac , cheers for that will try it

mci services

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:20:21 am »
i also think it depends on size of di vessell i use a 12l di and full flow is fine but when i used smaller 4.5l it lasted longer turning the flow down, but i was going straight from tap with no ro so not sure

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 07:10:20 am »
i was told 75 psi was the best flow rate from tap prolongs life of ro i assumesame for di .

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 11:04:49 am »
That's a good question quite often wondered if I used a IBC for storage of RO  and pumped it fast into the van the DI would cope  ???
put pure in the ibc only, and do away with the di after, problem solved ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:56:07 pm »
DI works best with the smallest of flows.

Allows more contact time between the water and resin.

The fester it goes through the DI there is not enough contact time and the TDS will rise (well actually wont have enough contact time so will not be filtered enough).

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 01:46:42 pm »
Agree with windowwashers on this one. Keep it simple. Produce pure at home.
If you are DI only, then a lower pressure is better. It's a RO unit that works better with higher pressure.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 02:20:56 pm »
put pure in the ibc only, and do away with the di after, problem solved ;)
Had thought about doing that, I prefer it to go through the Di then straight into the van tank though  ::) I just too fussy about the water I think  ;)   
Sussex by the sea