Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M Henderson

Wagtail footage
« on: September 17, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »
A bit of wagtail footage for you wagtail fans....among some other familiar clips.
(Promo video for my cleaning business site)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMu94EPxrc

jonnyald

Re: Wagtail footage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:58:59 pm »
hey hendey, which one is you then??

M Henderson

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »
The thin one.

TonyD

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:42:37 pm »
Nice video, thanks for showing us.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:54:22 pm »
Yes. Nice video. You've finally convinced me to spend the money and get myself a wagtail. I guess the 14" is the most useful size for shop windows and doors. Is that right?

From 1:21 to 1:25 you're using an Unger offset crank and Unger squeegee, aren't you? Is it a regular squeegee or a 30o swivel loc?

karlosdaze

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 12:53:32 am »
Riding on Marks thread: There is also a "Wagtail World Window Cleaning Challenge" if anyone fancies winning a Wagtail.

http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2009/09/wagtail-world-window-cleaning-challenge.html

M Henderson

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 02:05:00 pm »
You've finally convinced me to spend the money and get myself a wagtail. I guess the 14" is the most useful size for shop windows and doors. Is that right?

From 1:21 to 1:25 you're using an Unger offset crank and Unger squeegee, aren't you? Is it a regular squeegee or a 30o swivel loc?

14" would be more suited to domestic work, I would say a bigger size is better for shops. The flipper in the video is a 16".

The bit with the cranked angle adapter is with an 18" standard ergotech squeegee.
- That clip is a little dated to be honest. Nowadays to do a window like that over obstacles from a distance I'd set up the angle the same with the Unger crank but use a wagtail - the fanning with a pole is stacks easier.

If you use a Wagtail try it with a short two foot pole with the angle set up like that - very nifty for indoor shop work when you are working around window displays.

My only criticism of the Wagtail is that the way the rubber is held in is a bit primitive.
As a swivel tool it works great but every now and then the rubber bunches up and causes streaks. It's just held in by a dent (done with a hole punch by the look of it) in the centre of the channel.
It's more effective than it sounds actually, but if the rubber really has to be kept in place using this method, then maybe it would be better to have two dents. One either side, mid way between the end of the channel and the handle.

I don't remember having that problem with Wagtail rubber though.  Maybe the hard Wagtail rubber reduces the problem. I'm using Pulex rubber in it.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 04:12:43 pm »
Nice video, nicely embedded into your website as well.

Simon.

karlosdaze

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 01:09:59 am »
The new "blue ribbon" wagtails are not held in place by the indent anymore Mark. Infact you can use almost any channel in the new ones, bar the normal oversize, Slayer, Sorbo etc. So all your concerns that you have mentioned are now gone. I also find the Wagtail rubber superior to a lot of other brands out there.
The Wagtail adapter will also address all your concerns with poling. And its a shame that Willie doesn't promote this more with the Wagtails he sells. They are a great reach tool as well.

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:35:33 am »
Can I make a request for anyone going to the UK trade `Fed`show inOctober.
Can you bring your Ẁagtail `Flipper`along and show us how it works? Thanks
For replies.

Lewis  Doubtfire Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

M Henderson

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:11:11 am »
The new "blue ribbon" wagtails are not held in place by the indent anymore Mark.

Hi Karl,

I haven't seen the blue ribbon up close yet. Will definitely be getting some then. Might get an adapter too and see how it compares. 

As I say, fantastic tools to work with once you have the knack.