Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Roberts

MS Overkill
« on: May 17, 2005, 06:42:54 pm »
Can you use too much microsplitter? Obviously you can.
For it too work properly we are told to lightly spray or mist, most of the time this is fine. I use a 8001 jet so there's no risk of using too much, but what do you do when you don't get the required results?
Mist and go over again causing over-wetting? More agitation. Will misting again do anything as the dirt should already have been split, or are you splitting the dirt under what you have removed and still over-wetting.
If you know there not going to work in certain area's do you swap to somin else for that area like me?

Mark

Dave_Lee

Re: MS Overkill
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:56:29 pm »
Mark,
Frankly, when I go to clean a suite, I prespray the MS on the dirtiest part, agitate, then rinse with water. If Im unimpressed, I repeat, if that works I carry on. If not, I usually change to Ultimate master for the whole suite. I do very often find that the second application of MS does the trick. Why, as you say, the soil doesnt always split with the first application, I dont know, perhaps those that do can enlighten us?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:10:45 pm »
Hi Guys

Simply put different types of soil are present, as the clean takes place some soil additional soil is moved or pulled to the surface making it more visable, this may/or may not need an additional treatment, however the second treatment should be less than the first, effectively just a top up

Hope this helps

Best regards Nick

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 07:31:34 pm »
Thanks Nick,
If a heavily soiled area was double presprayed in the first place, wouldnt this reach the additional different type of soil, resulting in only one rinse being neccesary to remove all the soiling, even if it would initially wet the area more.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

mark_roberts

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 10:02:17 pm »
Mark

I go the same sort of route Dave takes.  Cleaned a 100% polypropolene yesterday with  heavy duty MS.  Took two applications and two agitations to get it clean.  For really trashed rental stuff I still prefer a detergent in the tank although will usually use MS.

the real Mark Roberts

Martin S

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 04:33:32 pm »
Mark (the real one) 

Silly question maybe, but when you say two applications, do you mean you pre-sprayed, agitated and then extracted, and then did all three processes again?

Martin
Martin

garyj

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 05:11:13 pm »
I posted something similar a few weeks back when I first bought my Rotowash, but I'm still cleaning the same.

First I pre-spray using ms & deodoriser.
Then Rotowash, with ms in the tank as well

Then extract.

Results are very good, customers are over the moon, but I think I'm making work for myself and probably using more ms than I should.

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 05:13:48 pm »
Martin

Yep, I did it all twice as the carpet required it.

the real Mark Roberts

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 08:41:04 pm »
Hi Dave

Unfortunately no
because of the way M/S work the soil is pulled to the surface if you over spray you will effectively wash the soil into the carpet its better to treat remove and treat remove again you will remove far more soil and its actually easier as some of the work is done for you,

hope this helps

Best regards Nick

garyj

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 09:01:09 pm »
Nick, any suggestions as to how I should use the rotowash?

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 10:26:15 pm »
Guys what  M/S dilution rate do you use on upholstery fabric? I use 1:12 on carpet.

Musicman

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 09:43:39 am »
Garyj, I would use the Rotowash purely to agitate your pre-spray. The idea is that the micro-splitter is misted onto the surface. The Rotowash, even with the finest nozzle, will spray the solution.

Also as the nozzle is only inches above the carpet you will be applying to much product and run the risk of over-wetting.

Hope this helps.

Musicman
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 07:36:38 pm »
Gary

Music man beat me to it.its easy to overwet and use to much with the rotawash

Thanks Andy

Best regards Nick