Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Abbey Bank
« on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:45 am »
I recentley switched to Abbey Bank

Sent two cheques worth £800 through the post to Central paying in place.

Thought somthing strange could not find them on statement but 7 days had only just past.

Phoned them yesterday Cheques not arrived.

Do not know if to hope they have been held up in postal dispute or have embarresment of explaining to customer.

In future I shall drive into town and deposit them in their ATM

I was a bit concerned about system when I joined, but did use it with Alliance and Liecester a few years back without problems.

Looks like my FREE  BANKING  has caused me one BIG PROBLEM

Joe H

Re: Abbey Bank
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:02:45 am »
Same happened to me the other month Ian.
Sent cheques off to the Coop Bank, didnt appear on the statement.
In the meantime I sent off some more, they appeared on the statement.
Queried the "missing" ones with the bank, there ws no way they could be in their system and not allocated - assuming I filled in the details correctly, which I had.
Wrote to the clients involved, stated getting "repeat" cheques, and lo and hehold, the missing cheques appeared. Had to contact the clients again, very embarrassing.
Somethings have to get lost in the postal system I suppose, millions of letters each day.
Its happened twice in about 15 years with my bank, not their fault, and not a bad record for the Post Office.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:21:37 am »
Joe is the CO OP through the FSB, i thought you could pay cheques in at the post office, would this not save posting them.

Andrew

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:57 am »
Hi Andrew
Yes I am with the Coop through FSB, and yes I can put them across the PO counter. Its just that the parking at the PO is very restrictive due to their being a local Coop shop as well. Even if you put them across the counter, all they do I think is post them - its not a transaction they do by pushing in the numbers thro a machine.

Actually, I am on the change to Alliance & Leicester, this is the first month with them, so when all things have settled I will finish with the Coop. A&L work thro the PO the same, or you can post.

kinder clean

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »
Is it just Abbey and Alliance that offer the free banking ?

Paul

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:41:47 pm »
Coop are very good anyway, but if you are a member of the FSB you get it free plus a loyalty bonus of £25 every year.

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 04:06:46 pm »
Ian theres been a postal strike affecting abbey, i know this because i've got a mortgage application with them that i'm trying to get sorted.  give it a few more days

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 08:15:11 pm »
Jim

Thats what my wife said after reading me the riot act etc

Problem is one of the Customers is a sticky Double Barrell Name type

Then there is Cancelation charges for cheques on some accounts

When i phoned abbey I got an Indian and you are never sure if they are in Liecester or India.

Yet alone London or Glasgow.

robert meldrum

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:30 pm »
A friend was out in India for three weeks training Indian people who are taking UK jobs as the RBS carry out massive staff cuts.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 07:58:07 am »
This, of course, will sound a little smug; but for those who listened to my talk at this year's CCDO I can quite happily say.....

" I did warn you!"
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 08:22:28 am »
and for the rest of us that was not a your talk, Roger....... what was your warning?

David_Annable

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:30 am »
Hi

I'am with the Alliance and Leicester with is Fee Banking. they use the same system, never had anything gone missing.

Dave

NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician