Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Need urgent help, membranes shot.
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:47 pm »
I've moved house a month ago, and went from 100PSI to 50PSI, but production rate on my 300GPD dropped before that already. It's gotten a lot worse this week. In 15 hours I produced under 100l so I checked the output and it was a tiny tiny trickle. Also the TDS in was 228 and out was 81!

So it's safe to say the poor membranes have had their time. I've only used them about a year, even when they were new the output was 20ppm, so they must have been poor quality ones. Getting new 100GPD membranes I think is a waste of money at 50psi.

Now is the problem. Business has been going quite bad and just had my tax bill in. I know I need an HF5, but there is almost no money left with bills coming in left right and center, and work piling up at an alarming rate.

I know I can't save money on buying the membrane but I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a used 40" champ housing, it doesn't have to look good, it just needs to work. If somebody has got one laying around I would be forever grateful.  :-[  :-[

(I can't go static because of having virtually no garden so I need a vehicle based RO setup.)

dd

Re: Need urgent help, membranes shot.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:10 pm »
I use a ro-man 300 gpd unit with 50psi pressure. tds in 200, out 004. Water does go through a water softener first which may make a very minimal improvement, but the main advantage of the softener is that in a hard water area it improves the life of the membranes. Mine are 7 months old and so far performance still the same. Changed pre-filters about 2 months ago.

With this performance I don't bother to use any resin.

This is on a static system so it doesn't matter if production rate is a bit slow. I am just interested in the purity of the ro water.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:31:56 pm »
Mine lasted two and a half years before tds started to rise to 20ppm.
Did you change your pre filters every six months?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:53:35 pm »
Mr. G. gave me an email and he's sorting something for me over the weekend. :D

Mine lasted two and a half years before tds started to rise to 20ppm.
Did you change your pre filters every six months?

Changed them around every 3 months, before each fill always a 5min flush, and at the end of the week a longer flush.  :-\

The water came out at 20ppm to begin with, must have been poor membranes.

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 02:05:41 pm »
I'm using the same ro-man 300gpd membranes for almost 31/2 years. Changed the filters only once. Am not on a meter so it gets well flushed on a regular basis.
Very happy with this purchase.

Good luck with this 1 tim. You gotta ask.  :)