Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: How Do you dispose of resin
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 11:03:51 pm »
I just mix it into my household rubbish.

Not a huge issue though as I use less than 2 bags of resin a year.

GWCS

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »
since it poses no harm to the environment (apparently) it gets mixed into the bedding soil to aid drainage.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 02:55:39 pm »
Scatter it on the lawn, it helps improve the soil.  If you have flower beds or vegetable plots, dig it in - it is no more hazardous than sand and does the same job of breaking up clay soils etc

weetot

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:19 pm »
I dry mine out and let the ants play marbles with it! ::)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

R W C

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 09:11:27 pm »
have none of your resin bags got toxic on them, keep a bag fill it up with the old stuff and take to the tip

dai

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »
I dump mine into the large waste bins of a commercial job I do.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 10:15:52 pm »
I no longer use resin at the moment, just use the RO to bring the water tds down...

But when I have used resin I just scatter it on the lawn or flower beds, as Ian Lancaster said, it almost certainly will do more good than harm.....However!!

To comply with regulations it is supposed to be disposed of correctly...

Did you also know that the trad window cleaner also has to dispose of the water in his bucket in accordance with the regulations concerning the disposal of waste?
You are NOT ALLOWED to empty your bucket of dirty water down the drain or the gutters in the road.
It pathetic isn't it?

A few years back, my dad had a contractor come in to replace a broken pane of glass in a factory his firm had built...a single, small pane of glass...
He noticed someone watching him, thought nothing of it, but this person then followed him off site all the way back to his depot and watched him throw the broken pane of glass into his skip, or whatever container he used for this kind of thing.
The guy get gs out of his car and gives him a thorough warning with threats of prosecution...
He was told he should have arranged for a skip to have been on site to have safely disposed of the glass and he should not have removed the hazardous waste off site, he was a glazier and did this all day every day, but can you imagine the cost involved if he followed this dozy pillocks advice?
It was only a georgian pane of glass, oh and as it was first floor he should also have arranged for scaffolding or the like to have been in place.

Mind how you go  ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

weetot

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 07:28:49 pm »
I spread mine on the pavement outside the local school.

;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »
What's it made out of?
styrene
its just the granular unexpanded form of the stuff they make toy gliders etc. out of

GWCS

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »

so funny!

watch em all goooooooooooooooooo!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 07:04:43 pm »
we put ours on the fire escapes at the care homes we do

GWCS

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 07:08:18 pm »
I no longer use resin at the moment, just use the RO to bring the water tds down...

But when I have used resin I just scatter it on the lawn or flower beds, as Ian Lancaster said, it almost certainly will do more good than harm.....However!!

To comply with regulations it is supposed to be disposed of correctly...

Did you also know that the trad window cleaner also has to dispose of the water in his bucket in accordance with the regulations concerning the disposal of waste?
You are NOT ALLOWED to empty your bucket of dirty water down the drain or the gutters in the road.
It pathetic isn't it?

A few years back, my dad had a contractor come in to replace a broken pane of glass in a factory his firm had built...a single, small pane of glass...
He noticed someone watching him, thought nothing of it, but this person then followed him off site all the way back to his depot and watched him throw the broken pane of glass into his skip, or whatever container he used for this kind of thing.
The guy get gs out of his car and gives him a thorough warning with threats of prosecution...
He was told he should have arranged for a skip to have been on site to have safely disposed of the glass and he should not have removed the hazardous waste off site, he was a glazier and did this all day every day, but can you imagine the cost involved if he followed this dozy pillocks advice?
It was only a georgian pane of glass, oh and as it was first floor he should also have arranged for scaffolding or the like to have been in place.

Mind how you go  ;)

Ian

Of for arguments sake, if you use your own water (trad) and take it back home you are not specifically dealing with someone else's waste, so you do not needs a waste carrier license? However dealing with the water depends on what detergent you use? If you use a commercial detergent then you needs to dispose of it commercially? If you use a household product (fairy) you do not, since you dont need to in your own home?

Now, if you used a custies water - then you do need a waste carriers license, because it nots yours?

So idealy that window installer should have left it on site, as it was not his to take away..lol

Yes very stupid, and very confusing.. Im all for regulations to help the environment and H&S but somethings are just plain stupid, and in reality if we were all to follow them to a T, half the population would be out of a job since it costs too much to put them into practise and im sure regular custies would not pay for disposal charges!

karygate

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 07:22:35 am »
my problem is not getting out of my 10 inch cannister it is getting it back in without dropping it all over the worktops etc. ;D
gary

daz34zler

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 10:12:35 am »
come on guys,,

think of the recycling aspect.........

add it to soap and you have sworfega....(sorry for the spelling)

i use it and it works a treat ;D ;D ;D

is great for cleaning the bbq too....

Darren