Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

I Give Up !!!
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:34:35 pm »
Sat on cash for ages waiting for the right van to come along, no marks, scrapes, good mileage etc..... Finally found one in Derbyshire, got the train up there and drove it back to Essex pleased as punch. Not even had it a week yet, and some stupid bloody woman reverses into the side of it in Asda carpark. "Oh sorry I didn't see you", (only a peugeot boxer in white !!!) as she was reversing out of a disabled parking bay for which she had no right to be in the first place..... GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!.

Booked in for body repairs for beginning of August.....

.............why oh why did I bother  :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'(
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

easy

Re: I Give Up !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:37:31 pm »
Bad luck...its happens....so have you gone for a system on van?

Fieldsy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:45:11 pm »
That was the intention............only had it a week, so was still using backpack. Intending to get a 650l tank and system set up...........but obviously now fell at the first hurdle.....lol  Just my luck!!!...lol

stephen s

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:14:58 pm »
a boxer ?  well what do you expect  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:01 pm »
At least you aint hurt mate!!

Its the weekend have a beer a chill out!! ;D
You can't polish a turd

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17:42 pm »
Its on her insurance though right?

Fieldsy

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:32 pm »
yh time for a beer  ;D, and yes on her insurance assuming that she doesn't dispute it when she tells hubby that she just admitted she reversed into me. ::)

traps7

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »
I'd only had my Vivaro two weeks after switching to wfp and some girl went up the back of me while i was waiting at a  junction. Had to put all my gear in a hire van for 2 weeks. It was a right hassle. Only just got it back last week.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 07:51:26 am »
Its only a van, just of bit of metal, can be repaired or the insurance will buy you another one, accidents happen. At least no one was hurt, thats the main thing
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Fieldsy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 10:04:33 am »
yes, very true and that has always been my attitude......................but, less than a bloody week...lol

GWCS

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 11:29:51 am »
she was reversing?

Then thats her fault entirely. Its on the onus of the reversing party to check the way is clear before reversing, even if a vehicle comes forwards into their path.

Fieldsy

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 12:18:05 pm »
Hi GWCS,

yep, she was reversing, and thats exactly my thoughts, even the woman from insurance said she is liable, although she said her insurance will probably contest it. Taken it to bodyshop for assessment, and its a new cargo door and new rear panel and trim etc....

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 12:41:58 pm »
Traps7, just be grateful it wasn't a boy taking you from behind :-[ :-[ :-[

That is what you said wasn't it ???

Oh sorry, I misread your post ::)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

stephen s

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:07 pm »
I'd only had my Vivaro two weeks after switching to wfp and some girl went up the back of me while i was waiting at a  junction. Had to put all my gear in a hire van for 2 weeks. It was a right hassle. Only just got it back last week.

Traps

where you from ?

traps7

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:44 pm »
sry dude been away. I'm near Bristol

GWCS

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 12:08:08 am »
Hi GWCS,

yep, she was reversing, and thats exactly my thoughts, even the woman from insurance said she is liable, although she said her insurance will probably contest it. Taken it to bodyshop for assessment, and its a new cargo door and new rear panel and trim etc....

even if they do, all your insurance company has to do is throw some case judgements back at them and say see you in court - it wont go that far!

Its just delay tactics on 3rd party insurers part..  Dont forget to get your claim in for a courtesy vehicle at once!! drive assist normally have vans available and these can be claimed under your legal expenses team as uninsured losses.

If the TP ins are any good they would have admitted liability and stuck you on one already, as it will cost them more to fit someone else's bill, rather than sort it for you themselves.

daz1977

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:30 am »
that was unlucky mate,  something similar happened to me and am still dealing with it, was driving a long a road when heard a bang behind me look and seen a car had hit a other car,  basically it was a 30 zone and bloke had just come out of a 60 zone, and claimed i pulled out on him so he had to hit the other car to save hitting me lol  very nice of him,  got my new insurance quote and it has trebled to about 900 a year, till this is all sorted as he is claim all sorts, he claims it was my fault  and he was only doing 30 mph, but when he skidded he left 50 feet of skip marks and moved a mini he hit 30 feet in to the back of a land rover not bad for a 106 doing 30, so i got to pay a fortune or dont work, y these lads just get courtesy cars and laugh there head off

Dean Taberner

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 08:26:43 am »
If she plays up tell asda,

They fine people for parking in disabled spaces without reason,

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 08:27:07 am »
she will be banged to rights no probs not paying due care and attention typical women driver

Dean Taberner

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 08:38:54 am »
hows your neck aswell mate?

It looks pretty sore from where im standing :o :o :o :o :o :-X :-X
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk