Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

wish me luck
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:31:04 pm »
Ok you all know i think that wfp results suck compared to trad, and some of you also know i recently bought a trolley just for the odd dangerous window i clean, and also so i can start hitting a few 3 story town houses that are in my areas but unable to clean trad, ive been practicing on friends and neighbours windows last few weeks but tommorrow is the big day, im bricking it lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Anglocom

Re: wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:33:43 pm »
Good luck!  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:33:49 pm »
good luck mate ...you will be fine

(as long as the old trad cleaner didnt leave to much soap suds in the window rubbers!!!!) ;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

stephen s

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:34:07 pm »
just go and enjoy it,  just remember not to rush things

windymiller

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:35:31 pm »
Good Luck, let us know how you get on as i am thinking of going this route after 15 years trad.

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
good luck trippy, dont forget to rinse plenty  ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:40:14 pm »

(as long as the old trad cleaner didnt leave to much soap suds in the window rubbers!!!!) ;D ;D
Iam the old trad window cleaner and as sure as god made green apples my fairy to water ratio is high, so lots of soap suds to come out, thank goodness its only the odd window here and there i intend poling

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:42:14 pm »

Iam the old trad window cleaner and as sure as god made green apples my fairy to water ratio is high, so lots of soap suds to come out, thank goodness its only the odd window here and there i intend poling

I know mate , i was pulling your leg!
I was really nervous on my first day too mate, just take you time and it will be fine
You can't polish a turd

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:22 pm »

By the way mate have you started to canvass those areas in Dorset, you know the link i put up from the ebay seller trying to sell a misused round? Should be quite a bit a new work there if the fella hasnt bothered much with it

I know mate , i was pulling your leg!
I was really nervous on my first day too mate, just take you time and it will be fine

bad trippy

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:39 pm »
Sorry i cocked that last post up, should have read   By the way mate have you started to canvass those areas in Dorset, you know the link i put up from the ebay seller trying to sell a misused round? Should be quite a bit a new work there if the fella hasnt bothered much with it

tacky

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:48 pm »
once u start u wont look back .all the best .

macmac

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04:16 pm »
Wait 'till you get home & the phone starts ringing- STREAKS! SPOTS! what the**** you done to my windows, there's runs everywhere!!!!!!  I don't know what's in that water you use but my windows are a right mess!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Good luck ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:52 am »
Its just like a woman, take your time and you will be fine.

pingu

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 07:24:30 am »
Good luck this morning with the trolley. Slowly, slowy catchy monkey.

Cheers
Dave.

ftp

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 07:50:41 am »
Good luck - it's chucking it down outside!

kris martin

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:17 am »
my bit of advice pal (people may knock me for this one) DONT DO THE TOP FRAME!! ..  I started on this one and it caused me no end of problems and then heard of a well known supplier who dosnt do the top frames so I stopped..   the problems stopped, i would not even tell the custys you do the frames and just keep them nice from time to time (or just if they ask) be very accurate on the glass and rinse right from the top to the bottom but dont use a ton of water, i find rinsing the right way is the key..   Always do the sills.

rinse just off the glass because the guy i work with rinses on and his results are not as good as mine (but dont tell him i said so :-) )

this is my advice and i wont lie by telling you i am completely free of moaners but they are rare now and i know there are a lot of people out there who just like to moan and wont give it ago.

good luck with it

kris

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 11:08:32 am »
you are leaving yourself wide open there chris,   :o  another wfp could canvass your area, and point out the top frames not being done correctly, and could get your job, i use dirty frames as a selling point, and very few refuse when i offer this service as standard, am not knocking you kris or moaning, i think the problem is to many are scared to ask for the first clean price, and just head on in there just to get the work, my advice clean the tops, of course theres going to be loads of dirt, its been there for years, incorpoate the first cleans into your business, and you will get no problems after that

bad trippy

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 06:48:33 pm »
Well i survived lol, made sure the frames/windows had plenty of scrubbing and even more rinsing, was extremely slow work today even though i only poled about 2 dozen windows, my mrs was cleaning about 3 windows trad to my 1 window wfp, but i was determined not to rush them and made sure i told the custys that they would gleam after 2 or 3 cleans. One thing i would say from todays experience is that a van mount as opposed to my trolley would be much better, it was difficult getting the trolley in and out of my estate car and this slowed me down, i have a backpack/trolley combo and it needs splitting to fit into the car, then putting together when its out the car, but over all not a bad start, will get more feed back from custys on friday evening when i go collecting im sure

bad trippy

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »
By the way thanks to everyone that wished me well and gave advice, top blokes

DaveG

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:56 pm »
well done trippy!