Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Direct debit again
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:09:13 pm »
My kids Karate instructor used to be a window cleaner, I pay him £40 a month, and he only excepts direct debit. This guy uses a company that handles all the direct debit transactions for around £1.25 each. Obviously it would be impracticable for him to collect payments in classes as they are two a week of one hour duration.
He put it to me that it would be a far better way for me to get paid for window cleaning.
Clients sign up for his service, not a price per lesson, his terms and conditions allow for him to take annual holidays just like everyone else.
Now when you think about it ,it seems like a good idea. you quote your average £10 job as £13.00 tell  the client you will reduce this to £11 if they agree to pay by direct debit. As the collection fee is an allowable business expense, the client and the taxman between them pay the collecting fee, you are left with the £10 you wanted in the first place, get your holiday entitlement. and do away with collecting.
Any thoughts?
These are the collection people.
http://www.debitfinance.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=c.showPage&pageID=1

dai

Re: Direct debit again
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 11:21:55 am »
Just bumped this to the top again, I have now included the link.

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:26:21 am »
Ive spoken to a lot of people that would refuse to deal with a window cleaner if payment was made via direct debit.

i wouldn;t want to pay my window cleaner (if i wasn't a window cleaner) by DD.

You may even miss out on customers by being £3 over the average price of local competitors?

Nice idea thou, if you can get it to work for you.

btw, thats an email addy not a web link  ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:25 am »
Try the link again :-)

paul beckett

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »
alot of my custys would definitely not pay by dd especially when they pay extra for the plesure of it.

dai

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:32:46 pm »
alot of my custys would definitely not pay by dd especially when they pay extra for the plesure of it.
Yes but new customers wouldn't know, and it's only £1 a job anyway, or you could stand it if it meant not having to come back and collect.

M@ttS

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:43:49 pm »
surely the banks offer a much more competitive rate? providing you have a business account.

Admitidly, there is a "setup fee" but the direct debit fees there after are small.

The idea is good for those customers you can never get hold of or always miss, and could be seen as a "value add" to your business.

macmac

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58:21 pm »
Leave a SAE for the cost of 30-odd pence! ;)

macmac

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:59:24 pm »
Or set up a freepost account with royal mail?

andyjm1

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:15:26 pm »
Not everyone has a cheque book though  :(