Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Dave ST Ives posts
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:59:23 pm »
Having just read through 5 pages of the latest Ewan thread it seems that most want to learn about how to succeed in this business.
Now if you have nothing to do on a wet afternoon, I suggest they read through all of Dave Morris's posts, start right at the beginning and you will see that his success has been well charted.
When you have read all Daves, start reading Ian Giles's posts.
I have  neither met or spoken to these gentlemen, and the fact that they are mods is coincidental, but common sense runs through most of these posts like a stick of Blackpool rock.

4 years ago Dave went WFP, and if I'm not mistaken his son joined the business, he took the plunge, bought new work, and sent his Mrs out canvassing hotels and the like, he took on his first employee and concentrated on the training side. Dave created a higher profile, the safe contractor status being a case in point. Success brings confidence which in turn brings more success. It's all there in his postings
There is a wealth of information on this site from some very succesfull  businessmen.
Ian Lancastert won't have worry about his pension will he?
Now success doesn't come without it's problems or stress, and many of us don't want either, we are happy to get on with earning a decent enough living.

Maybe Ewan needs to take this on board, we are not all driven like he seems to be, but that doesn't mean we are plonkers or losers, some of us have different priorities and this should be respected, and
a bit of mutual respect is what's needed to stop posts degenerating into slanging matches.
For those who really want to learn about success, start reading those old posts

elite mike

Re: Dave ST Ives posts
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:01:22 pm »
good post dai

hear hear ;)

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 01:08:57 pm »
I couldn't agree more with your post dia  ;)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:23:20 pm »
Dai.I'd put you on the same list as Dave and Ian. You've been here for what????? 40 years?  ;D and i don't think you've ever been anything but honest, polite and helpful to many. As for that Tosh bloke  ;D
Thanks for remaining a positive voice on a forum that as we all know,can lack a touch of decorum sometimes  ;)

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:24:55 pm »
dai never a truer word

stephen s

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 04:19:18 pm »
now lets all have a good sing song,  that will cheer everyone up  :D :D :D :D

s.w.c

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 04:44:10 pm »
interesting post, good choice of words and fairly put.