Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Quick-Fit Flow control valve
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:34:09 pm »
I'm sure Alex(in his absence) wouldn't mind me asking about one of his products. I'm referring to the orange Quick-Fit Flow control valve. Does anyone on here use these? Iffffffff so, do they manage to cope with a fair bit of pressure without the hose "popping" out? I'm sure they probably do. I Just wouldn't mind a bit of confirmation. Thanks peeps  ;) PS I would post a picture of it, but i don't know if i'm legally permitted to.

C.C.S.

Re: Quick-Fit Flow control valve
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 03:42:13 pm »
hi i'm using one of them, the one we just push in the pole hose.to be honest it does come out a couple times a day and the water starts to hit your face which is annoying but mainly because i step on the hose while i work not because of the water pressure.  i just ordered the other one alex has for sale,just to see how it goes.thanks

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:43:02 pm »
I use these and dont have any problems under pressure. there is a circular metal spring clip inside each end that means the only way the hose can come out is if the plastic outer ring is depressed. Hope that eases your worries... :)
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:47:47 pm »
Fantastic. Thanks lads. I think i'll get 3 or 4. They just look soooooo much simpler to replace than the other riff raff on the market,lol. Worries have been well and truly eased  ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
PS, has anyone noticed that you can "buy" the SLX warning on Gardiner's website??? Free to buy but you DO have to pay for postage and packing  ;D I might buy half a dozen or so at that price  ;D

ftp

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:35 pm »
I use them and they are better than the old gas taps. The black hose Gardiners supply will pull out when you snag it but takes only a couple of seconds to plug it back in.