Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

SLX jamming problem
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:04:46 pm »
Hi everyone, really rather desperate for help....

Last job today, my SLX jammed COMPLETELY, its been sort of stiff opening and closing all day, but on the last job, the 2nd and 3rd sections locked open.... I can't open or close it, and if I try to force it, I can just hear the carbon grinding... which is rather worrying.... anyone else had a similar problem?

I thought it might be the pole hose caught between sections, but it isn't... any ideas? :( :(

Thanks in advance,

Chris

wfp master

Re: SLX jamming problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:43 pm »
omg sounds serious throw it out

clean

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »
Oh dear here we go the "to good to be true poles" have problems  ;D  ;D

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:12:09 pm »
Oh no, its AMAZING  ;) ;D I'd buy a collection of them if I could... but.... just for now, heeeeelp :-[ Need it for tomorrow, and my old 28 foot xtel is 120 miles away on loan to someone else  :-\

poole bay

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
you need to wash it out you have a little grit in it pull it open and wash it thats all it needs regards carl..

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:06 pm »
I'll give it a try.... just feels like its almost glued together, will wash it out, see if that loosens it.... ta mate.

clean

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:20 pm »
Go give it a real good smack against a wall that`ll do the trick  ;)

poole bay

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:26:43 pm »
lmao pole king  ;D

John Walker

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 06:27:31 pm »
Hi everyone, really rather desperate for help....

Last job today, my SLX jammed COMPLETELY, its been sort of stiff opening and closing all day, but on the last job, the 2nd and 3rd sections locked open.... I can't open or close it, and if I try to force it, I can just hear the carbon grinding... which is rather worrying.... anyone else had a similar problem?

I thought it might be the pole hose caught between sections, but it isn't... any ideas? :( :(

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Just a thought - it's not the clamps remaining tight is it? - ie. the nuts have tightened up and although you have released the clamp, it's still holding tight.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

ftp

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:17 pm »
Which SLX the very latest one?

clean

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 06:38:31 pm »
Anyway Chris what on earth are you doing COMPLETELY jamming it didn`t you put any clotted cream or butter on aswell ?  ;D  ;D ;)

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 06:40:55 pm »
ftp, yeh the latest generation 30 footer.

Don't think its the clamps, as the top clamp sort of, well, slid off.... erm... and, well, I gave it a bath of butter and honey the other day, and its been in such a good mood :P

chrismroberts

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:25 pm »
Sorted! I think it was a combination of grit at the base of the sections, and the red and yellow warning tape coming unpeeled and jamming the pole, washed it all out and gave it a bath of WD40 (I hope WD40 doesnt eat carbon...)

Sorry for the panicked post  :)

Thanks

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 10:00:41 am »
Don't think you should have used WD40. Use silicon spray next time. :)

Could have been a build up of grit.

JWC

Re: SLX jamming problem New
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »
I have had my pole for 6 months and it jam with carbon build up weekly and i carry a towel with me to clean the grit off as i work. The first and second clamp is over half worn out so i hope to get another 6 months use. I have to say i like the pole but not the wear and im always cleaning it.

GWCS

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 07:46:38 pm »
Anyway Chris what on earth are you doing COMPLETELY jamming it didn`t you put any clotted cream or butter on aswell ?  ;D  ;D ;)

Were jammin - To think that jammin was a thing of the past;
Were jammin, And I hope this jam is gonna last.

8)

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:09:12 pm »
I read that subject line and realised how marvellous the SLX truly is.  A water fed pole that can double up as a guitar.  Well done alex.