Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: Gutter vacs is it worth it ?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 02:35:17 pm »
In a word.... NO!!!! just get yourself a decent ladder and a trowel... far more effective, faster and one hell of a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!  ;)

what a load of nonsense!

Who the hell do you think you are?? I've done a lot of gutter cleaning over the last few years, and I would only consider hiring out a guttervac again as an absolute last resort. The way I do it these days is to go up the ladder and get out as much as I can with the trowel and then rod the gutter through as far as I can, so I don't have to put the ladder up so often. The guttervac is heavy, slow and ineffective on gutters that are very blocked, and dosn't clear out downpipes very well at all.

the gutter vac is an effective solution to clearing out gutters safely and effectively. to say that a ladder and trowel is more effective is nonsense!

If we had two identical houses side by side, both with the gutters overflowing with wet leaves and pine needles, I can guarantee that I would have my house finished using my ladder and trowel in at least a 1/4 of the time it would take you with your guttervac!!! And I would be at home with my feet up having a cup of tea, whilst you were struggling with your heavy and clumsy equipment which keeps getting blocked up!!!  ;D ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 02:45:56 pm »
If we had two identical houses side by side, both with the gutters overflowing with wet leaves and pine needles, I can guarantee that I would have my house finished using my ladder and trowel in at least a 1/4 of the time it would take you with your guttervac!!! And I would be at home with my feet up having a cup of tea, whilst you were struggling with your heavy and clumsy equipment which keeps getting blocked up!!!  Grin

So what you are actually saying is that is possible for you personally to earn 4 x more than you did in a day with the guttervac that you hired ie. £4000.00  ;D
 ;D
Taking into consideration that you, I believe only hired the vac part of the system and that you had no experiance of using the vac you still managed to earn over £1000.00 in a day .... but in your opinion you wasted your money.

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »
In a word.... NO!!!! just get yourself a decent ladder and a trowel... far more effective, faster and one hell of a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!  ;)

what a load of nonsense!

Who the hell do you think you are?? I've done a lot of gutter cleaning over the last few years, and I would only consider hiring out a guttervac again as an absolute last resort. The way I do it these days is to go up the ladder and get out as much as I can with the trowel and then rod the gutter through as far as I can, so I don't have to put the ladder up so often. The guttervac is heavy, slow and ineffective on gutters that are very blocked, and dosn't clear out downpipes very well at all.

the gutter vac is an effective solution to clearing out gutters safely and effectively. to say that a ladder and trowel is more effective is nonsense!

If we had two identical houses side by side, both with the gutters overflowing with wet leaves and pine needles, I can guarantee that I would have my house finished using my ladder and trowel in at least a 1/4 of the time it would take you with your guttervac!!! And I would be at home with my feet up having a cup of tea, whilst you were struggling with your heavy and clumsy equipment which keeps getting blocked up!!!  ;D ;D

tell me what the tea in a NHS hospital tastes like won't you ;D ;D you are an accident waiting to happen ::)

groundhog

Re: Gutter vacs is it worth it ? New
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 08:13:10 pm »
If we had two identical houses side by side, both with the gutters overflowing with wet leaves and pine needles, I can guarantee that I would have my house finished using my ladder and trowel in at least a 1/4 of the time it would take you with your guttervac!!! And I would be at home with my feet up having a cup of tea, whilst you were struggling with your heavy and clumsy equipment which keeps getting blocked up!!!  Grin

So what you are actually saying is that is possible for you personally to earn 4 x more than you did in a day with the guttervac that you hired ie. £4000.00  ;D
 ;D
Taking into consideration that you, I believe only hired the vac part of the system and that you had no experiance of using the vac you still managed to earn over £1000.00 in a day .... but in your opinion you wasted your money.

Hi Glynn, no I'm not saying that I wasted my money. I am saying though, that if the gutters are really blocked with wet leaves and pine needles, then the ladder and trowel method is much quicker! If the gutters only have a small amount of debris in them then the guttervac would probably be slightly quicker. I have used a guttervac on 3 occassions now, and although I agree that it is a useful tool, I would only use it if the gutters didn't require much cleaning, if they are heavily blocked then forget it!!

GWCS

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 08:39:31 pm »

what a load of nonsense!

You have a point when it comes to pine needles.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49:05 pm »
Pole King

I am cleaning UPVC, conservatory roofs and clearing out gutters at the rate of about 15 - 20 per month. How I am getting the work is not for discussion but I am using pressure washer, extending lance and gutter nozzle.

I can clean a four bedroomed house - all gutters in about ten minutes. 10 minutes to rinse down and tidy up. The rest of the time on each job is spent cleaning UPVC, conservatory roofs and full window cleans.

If you want to give me a bell - go on the website and ring me.

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:21 pm »
I will add to this that I can clean to 12 metres from the ground and when I am cleaning commercially, which we do often, it is far quicker to presssure wash the box gutter and then scoop up the accumulated crap at a central point, all from a cherry picker

Rob ;D