Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony talbot

round setup
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:38:54 pm »
hi, its been a few months since i was on here. i was wondering how you chaps structure your rounds. i,ve been going for about two years now and i,ve developed my round of about two hundred customers, in the following fashion: the calls take 4 weeks to clean but there all on a five week rotation, the spare week is used to book in guttering jobs or extra work or holiday, all my calls are cleaned all weathers regardless of conditions, the customers come to apreciate the reliability of service.and to date i,ve never missed or arrived late at any call due to weather conditions. how do you chaps structure your rounds to cope with the weather and unexpected conditions. ps i'm 90%wfp and 10% trad

NWH

Re: round setup
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:42:38 pm »
My main accounts get priority so when they come up in the diary they get done,i have a vast amount in 1 area so i take my pick mostly and the other ares get done on dry days when i know they will all get done so i don`t have to go back out to that area until the next clean.

tony talbot

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:45:23 pm »
how come you dont clean when its raining using wfp

NWH

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:49:00 pm »
For 1 i do enough on dry days when it`s not raining and 2 commercials get done or insides on those days,i`ve already got a weeks worth of wet weather work booked in.

seandyer2003

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:18:20 pm »
hi, its been a few months since i was on here. i was wondering how you chaps structure your rounds. i,ve been going for about two years now and i,ve developed my round of about two hundred customers, in the following fashion: the calls take 4 weeks to clean but there all on a five week rotation, the spare week is used to book in guttering jobs or extra work or holiday, all my calls are cleaned all weathers regardless of conditions, the customers come to apreciate the reliability of service.and to date i,ve never missed or arrived late at any call due to weather conditions. how do you chaps structure your rounds to cope with the weather and unexpected conditions. ps i'm 90%wfp and 10% trad

If you get round so well on time , why dont you just keep going instead of taking a week off every 4 for guttering etc, unless im getting the wrong end of the stick and you make a kiling on that sort of thing, id of thought itd be easier to just keep cleaning your rounds??

pingu

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:24:12 pm »
I run a 8 weekly cycle (only 6,5 weeks work)..I work in most weathers but I do pospone where required.

Cheers
Dave.

tony talbot

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:39:40 pm »
the reason i dont just carry on is because i  earn enough with the calls and guttering work i have. you need a balance between work and social life . to constantly chase the money and get more work leads to stress. money is no good if all it buys you is a early coffin

seandyer2003

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 09:44:03 pm »
Well thats cool then, im far from a workaholic :) i have at least one day off a week to go fishing/biking/walking/climbing

Climbed a mountain and went fishing last week  :)

But i am gonna be working full time for the next 6-12 months as i want a full time van now, and then i can take a little bit more time off and not affect wage.

If its working for you and it sounds like it is, stick at it pal :) SOunds like you got it figured :)

suds window service

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »
i have a four week round but it takes me longer than that to get around it.
 352 customers. all compact enough  some big properties in it!
 i,am working me behind of at the moment because i would love to put another van on the road........i am picking up new customers all the time through word of mouth at really good prices,  but one thing nags me all the time employ or not employ?    I JUST DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!

tony talbot

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »
DO NOT EMPLOY tried that with the wife now an ex wife it cost me my buisness my house and near enough everything else, still thats another story. take the cream of your calls moderate your outgoings and enjoy the freedom that this wonderful job offers.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 10:11:44 pm »
I think you have it about right. I book mine monthly but aim for 5 weeks. As you say it gives some leyway.

Never have a 5 week round and 25 days solid work. It allows for no leyway at all. Adding gutter cleans is a smart way to add income as you want it. Or you can take the time off as you choose.

suds window service

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 10:20:25 pm »
DO NOT EMPLOY tried that with the wife now an ex wife it cost me my buisness my house and near enough everything else, still thats another story. take the cream of your calls moderate your outgoings and enjoy the freedom that this wonderful job offers.
jesus that was my second choice.....to work with the wife! lot of guys do on here and seems to work well.

tony talbot

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »
it might be an idea to set your wife up as a seperate window cleaning buisness.could be more tax benifits ;)

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:34 am »
it might be an idea to set your wife up as a seperate window cleaning buisness.could be more tax benifits ;)

You couldnt get away with that out of the same address, for vat reasons etc... i would of thought its a very tricky one, as you use the same address, unless one of you worked out of a unit or something, and then it wouldnt be linked in any way

seandyer2003

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:35 am »
Employings not so bad, just dont employ family of friends, and get someone who is self motivated, enthusiastic and positive, you might go through a few but you will find a decent one, im on a second, and although he isnt the strongest lad in the world, he is always willing to try and please

and once you get them up to speed and working right , you can build on your business, or take time off whatever you want !