Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

managing online payments
« on: June 19, 2009, 02:16:03 pm »
My customers are increasingly using the online payment method, great as it means less collecting, the downside is the extra time I am spending on my accounts.
It would be fantastic if every client came out with the cash in their hand, don't we all wish?
How are you guys recording your online payments?
Now I have to enter the ones paid in cash, record all those that either pay or send a cheque, and have to log onto my bank account daily to check for on line payment.
I have always tried to keep things simple and use the tried and tested book keeping methods, but it's now getting a tad complicated, and I think I am going to have to knuckle down and learn to use window cleaning software. I have tried George and subscribed to the pioneer cleaning software and mastered neither. How are you guys coping? I am finding it really hard to keep track, I know who owes and who doesn't, my old round card method can handle all that, it's the actual book keeping entries that I am starting to struggle with.

Tim82

Re: managing online payments
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:01:28 pm »
 I only use my book whether it be cash, cheque or online payments. I simply check my online banking or check statement and only cross off the payment in my book when i see it's there. No need to make it more complicated than that!

Helen

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:26 pm »
My customers are increasingly using the online payment method, great as it means less collecting, the downside is the extra time I am spending on my accounts.
It would be fantastic if every client came out with the cash in their hand, don't we all wish?
How are you guys recording your online payments?
Now I have to enter the ones paid in cash, record all those that either pay or send a cheque, and have to log onto my bank account daily to check for on line payment.
I have always tried to keep things simple and use the tried and tested book keeping methods, but it's now getting a tad complicated, and I think I am going to have to knuckle down and learn to use window cleaning software. I have tried George and subscribed to the pioneer cleaning software and mastered neither. How are you guys coping? I am finding it really hard to keep track, I know who owes and who doesn't, my old round card method can handle all that, it's the actual book keeping entries that I am starting to struggle with.
If more are using on line, doesn't that mean less are using other ways, so swings and roundabouts surely? Where you may have entered "cash" before on your records, you now just enter "on line" or "bacs" or whatever. You don't have to go into the bank account daily., just catch up every few days.....simples ;D

dai

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:53:35 pm »
I only use my book whether it be cash, cheque or online payments. I simply check my online banking or check statement and only cross off the payment in my book when i see it's there. No need to make it more complicated than that!
I suppose so, I like to make up my accounts on a monthly basis and some payments are made a month in arrears.
The tax man likes us to record our daily earnings not the value of the work done, the problem is we don't know when we will get paid for work done, and can't count is as earnings until we do.
the columns in by books read like this.
Date
Earnings
Other income
Expenses
reason for expense
other outgoings
Business balance
bank balance
cash in hand
Mileage
Do I now ad additional columns for outstanding payments? Or payments made on line?

The big difference that on line payments and sent cheques make is that you can't keep on top of your accounts.
you can only record them in one book and transfer the information to the accounts you want to submit at the end of the tax year.
I used to have what I called a buffer fund of about a grand. all outstanding payments were made good by this fund, and the money paid back into the fund when it came in. Using this method enabled me to keep bang up to date with my accounts. The downside to this was that there was no provision for bad debts at the end of the year, and these have increased as my round has grown.
I just wondered how you guys keep your records if you don't use software.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:01:16 pm »
Dai, George is easy. If I can master it anyone can  ;D End of the tax year click a button and it's all done for you in seconds.

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
I have online payments set up so I'm automatically sent an email from paypal informing me who's paid online then enter it into George.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 07:51:21 pm »
windowcleaningpro and click online payment, checked daily  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:11 pm »
windowcleaningpro and click online payment, checked daily ;)

where abouts is that I cant find it??

paul

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »
Windowcleaningpro is a software program like George

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:31:22 pm »
Windowcleaningpro is a software program like George

i meant where on wcp is the online payment bit what windowwashers is on about .

cheers anyway

paul

heathrow100

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »
I dont think there is that option yet on wcp,if so please someone enlighten me! :D

Window Washers

Re: managing online payments New
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 08:50:46 pm »
you have to add it on there, in the drop down as standard is cheque/cash
I have standing order monlty and online as and when

under tools, list maintenance, the drop down should say customer titles, click the arrow and selcet payment types.

add what if you wish in there, and when you go to end of day you can pick what payment method you like  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)