Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

DI vessel fittings?
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:39:21 pm »
I asked some time ago but forgot the answer  ::)

What I want are some fittings so my seven litre vessel can be connected with my ro unit that has push fit 1/4 inch pipe.

Alex Gardiner

Re: DI vessel fittings?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:01:00 pm »
You will need one of these:

1/4" JG to 3/8" male screw.

Then you will need a 3/8" to 3/4" female to male screw thread reducing bush.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:09:12 pm »
Do Gardiners stock them Alex? I'm thinking of ordering a vessel but need it with those fittings. I'm getting fed up with air in my system as the tank level drops which decreases my flow. I'm thinking if I can remove the DI completely then my pump won't be working so hard and also any air should bleed out much faster with a more direct line out. I've tried a hose stop on the tank outlet but i'm convinced air is getting to the vessel.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 04:17:16 pm »
We do the pictured item, but would need to order in the reducing bush.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 04:24:49 pm »
The resin inside could be anything (softening salts etc), best to throw the contents away, flush out and refill with 60/40 polishing resin.

ftp

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »
Thanks Alex, I've placed an order for a vessel with those fittings instead and will look for reducers.
My system works fine all morning untill the water level drops around mid day when the flow starts reducing and air bubbles start spitting at the head. I'm sure that my pump is then working too hard to suck the water and air through the DI.
I used to 'push' through my DI but blew the head once and so will always have a weak thread hence I have always 'pulled' ever since.

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 05:27:14 pm »
Im pretty sure you will get what you need from your freindly plumbers merchants Dave
You can't polish a turd

ftp

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 05:32:49 pm »
I've probably got them in the garage - might take a week to find them.  ;D