Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SJB Services

Any newbies to set my mind at rest.......
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:08:16 pm »
Looking to get back to WC after 13 years of sales. Now a well paid rep with mortgage, wife, 2 kids, 1 on the way and the dog.

Im looking to jump back in March/April next year with WFP. Is this the best option from the off-or start off with traditional??
Have about 3k tucked away to invest in a system/van

Anybody recently done the same-jump from regular wage to WC??? I need to be doing £125 a day for 20 days from scratch. Expecting to be a struggle for 3 months, but with sales background, canvassing doesnt worry me.

What it boils down to is had enough of pressured sales job-want less aggro-worried about keeping the kids fed. Usual stuff.

Anybody else done this recently. Thanks in advance.

Steve

seandyer2003

Re: Any newbies to set my mind at rest.......
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:15:28 pm »
Everyone mate , but thats not to put you off, you may struggle to earn that kind of money from the off, but its doable

Mr.G

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:22:42 pm »
If I was in your position, I'd start part time, weekends and days off,   and build up till I had enough regular work to pack the other job in. There's less work around than there used to be..

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:56 am »
£125 a day from scratch :o :o

That means you'll have to canvass up £2,500 worth of work in you first month.  Only possible if you find an area with no window cleaners working in it (no such thing any more) and are prepared to canvass for at least 3-4 hours a day/evening as well as doing all the first cleans.

I think if your business plan depends on this being achieved, you should think very carefully before abandoning your current income.  I reckon I'm fairly good at canvassing/marketing this business and over the last 3 years I've taken on 5 franchisees and developed businesses for them averaging £800-£900 a week, so it took me roughly 7 months to get each one to where they wanted to be.

I never make them promises I might not be able to keep, so tell each one it could take me up to a year to get them all the work they want.  So far I've been lucky, and they've all been well ahead of schedule but promising more would have put a lot of pressure on me.

It's good to have targets, but unrealistic ones will be the death of any promising enterprise.

seandyer2003

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 11:46:56 am »
7 months to get 900 pweek??

i am starting canvassing a round this week now to get a lad on to full time, and am gonna need somewhere near that, thats alot less time than i thought....

did you just canvass or leaflet too?? im sat at home trying to print 2000 leaflets now for next week :)

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 12:55:01 pm »
start putting money by just noe and also work weekend sif ye can to build upa small pot i say.

big jump especially when ye ned that kind of money to be rollin in straight away mate.mines was a lot lower when i started last june

seandyer2003

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 01:24:43 pm »
To break it down you need, 2500 per month, lets see your ave 3 bed is £10.00 which is about average give or take £1-2 on area

You need 250 monthly custies at £10 each

re reading your post you are not starting till march next year, thats do able, just aim to find 5 houses a week at £10 , but target one reasonably compact area, clean them at weekend, you may have to explain it may take you 6 weeks to get round them while you are still employed but once you have enough, leave and do 4 weekly....

5 a week = 20 a month , you will be nearly there by next year

Its the cleaning you are gonna struggle with, 1st cleans etc, only thing i can think of if you cant do it because of work is sub it to someone for say 80 a day, even if you make nothing at least its getting cleaned for when you start

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »
7 months to get 900 pweek??

i am starting canvassing a round this week now to get a lad on to full time, and am gonna need somewhere near that, thats alot less time than i thought....

did you just canvass or leaflet too?? im sat at home trying to print 2000 leaflets now for next week :)

We have a 'tried and trusted' method: put out about 150-200 leaflets in a carefully targetted area.  Wait a week.  Put out another lot in another area.  Canvass over the first lot.  Next week put out another lot and canvass over the lot put out the previous week.

We also have adverts in Yellow Pages, Thomsons and a few local magazines.  On top of that there are 7 sign written vans which pull in enquiries.

If you can book £100 worth of new work every week then in 28 weeks (7 months) you will have £2,800 worth of work.