Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

wfp speed
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:14:10 pm »
some days i feel as if my speed is picking up but then i end up spending more time on windows washing and rinsing more n more.

i am afraid to go over too quick and leave marks but on other hand i feel i am oging to slow ???

jouk45

Re: wfp speed
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:20:09 pm »
its called doing the job properly, dont worry about speed,

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:25:01 pm »
i'm very fussy when working and sometimes just take too long

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:09 pm »
when custys are watching you they see that you are giving them there moneys worth, iv had loads of  Neighbors  aproach me saying i notice you cleaning the garage doors and exterrior doors, could you do mine, if you get the right price, there is no hurry,

mr D

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:41:14 pm »
go faster if they rubish and they dont like it drop them and take on a new custy to cover the loss ;D

or just carry on with what your doing

pingu

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:13 am »
Been using wfp since Aug 06 and I doubt a single day goes by that I think I am going too slow....

But I had a good insight the other day...I clean a large house on stilts...overlooks water so is full of spiders webs

Now a pair of window cleaners started 1 at the same time as I and we finished within minutes of each other...

I have watched some youtube type videos where the operator washes the window in around 20seconds....I just cannot bring myself to be that fast...I clean every 8 weeks and feel that I 'need' to spend some time cleaning them and a 20second type clean I 'feel' is not enough...but there are others here who have been in business for far longer than I and they do clean quickly and produce the results...horses for courses.

But it is not all about the speed....I think were all guilty of being a little to picky on most glass we wash...nothing wrong with that if your coming out at the end of the day with a wage that is good for you.

I suppose you should see how you go with your own house...and perhaps your neigbours ..using them as a trial...for different speeds and techniques...it may put your mind at ease.

Cheers
Dave.

Helen

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:50:41 am »
The faster you go in the morning, the slower you will be in the afternoon  :) Swings and roundabouts.  ;)

karygate

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:14:20 am »
houses that took me an hour when i first started i can now do in half the time and most small houses take 15 to 20 minutes. any faster and i think you are cutting  corners etc . if you think your too fast think what the customer thinks.
gary

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 11:20:27 am »
a guy i spoke to said he can do upto 10 hopuses per hour with the guy he works with. Personally i think that's bull TBh.

i take my time on them as i would like them done the way i would want them done if it was my own house.

also the fact i am on the ground is a bonus ;)

macmac

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 11:27:59 am »
a guy i spoke to said he can do upto 10 hopuses per hour with the guy he works with. Personally i think that's bull TBh.

i take my time on them as i would like them done the way i would want them done if it was my own house.

Take it with a pinch of salt mate, you'll find your own balance of speed & quality that suites you & your particular work.
Bull is a plenty in the world of wfp! ;)

I use jobs that I want shut of as test beds for speed! You can't lose that way. ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:14 pm »
How fast you can go depends on several factors, the type of window, your experience, your confidence, system, flowrate and so on.
But there are averages you can compare yourself to.

If you are trad, then by and large a standard 3 semi will take you about 20 minutes from pulling up to driving away, that is for about 12 normal casement style windows.
WFP should be about 15 minutes tops for the same thing.

Something that has never really changed over the years is the fact that a normal, 3 pane (one opening light, one longer opening pane and one large fixed pane) window will take about 90 seconds to clean, including full detailing and wiping of the sill, done trad of course.
WFP the same window should take you no more than 30 seconds or so.

Ignore the claims of those who can trad a window in 20 seconds or clean 10 houses WFP in an hour, all may well be possible but you need to know what you can reasonably expect to do.

I would personally expect to take a maximum of 10 minutes (WFP) for a standard semi, but that time would increase depending on things like access or badly oxidized frames and so on.

Knowing the kind of times it should take you will help give you target times to aim for if you are way off the average times.
As you familiarize yourself with all of your accounts, you begin to know the ones where you can either fly through and do a top notch job and those that you have to take more time to achieve the same result.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

GWCS

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 01:04:23 pm »

I can believe that - i can do 4 2/3 detached houses via wfp in an hour if they are next to each other for example. So 2 of you can easily do 10. (Standard monthly cleans in talking here)

macmac

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:21 pm »

I can believe that - i can do 4 2/3 detached houses via wfp in an hour if they are next to each other for example. So 2 of you can easily do 10. (Standard monthly cleans in talking here)

That doesn't quite make sense.

You can do 4, so two of you could do 8.
But you say two others could "easily" do 10? ??? which indicates maybe 11 or 12?

The original post claimed "upto 10" I reckon this would be the very best they have (if at all) ever acheived & will certainly not be the norm!

So, is it possible? ofcourse it is. Is it normal & easily acheived? not on your nelly! ;D

EZclean

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 01:49:51 pm »
Macmac said:

I use jobs that I want shut of as test beds for speed! You can't lose that way. ;)

i like that  ;)
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water