Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Buy one more ladder and earn ££££££!
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »
Get yourself a roofing ladder - everyones going to go digital with their tv's and many old ariels are not suitable for digital signals. Mother just bought a digital hard drive and instantly lost channel 3 and 4. Mind you loseing channel four is nothing to worry about.
To fit a new ariel - £100 (half hours work?)

LWC

Re: Buy one more ladder and earn ££££££!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:50:21 am »
A customer of mine said the other day she was being chargd £180 just to take the aerial out of the attick and to put it on the side of house...why so much?

Is it a real ball ache or easy money? Id do it for around £100 as long as it was an all day "why did i do this" job.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:04 am »
We had a new aeriel fitted (digital) a couple of months ago. Give you all the background. Where I live is near to Alton Towers, quite rural and I live in a very small village. Our house is at the top of the village, at the highest point.

The cost was £260.00 but we also wanted to be able to receive digital in the conservatory and this required a booster and other cables from the loft. We had a six way splitter fitted for the option to have TV anywhere in the house, if we want it at a later date. Will be having our kitchen done next year and will be looking to have a flat screen above the breakfast bar.

Two local chaps turn up, I know of him and that is why we used him. He works fitting aerials full time, has a sign written van and has a very good local reputation.

There were complications finding the best signal, we are between three and it took him a day and a half to find the best set up. This may be down to our particular circumstances, as he said that he had fitted a pub, only 300 yds away and had no problems!!!

He had some serious kit, digital this and that for getting the best signal and I felt he came a cropper on our house. If you want to just get another pair of roof ladders and go for it good luck.

I have to ask the question (without getting into an argument) - if an aerial fitter came on here and said if I get a cheap set of ladders and a bucket how much could I earn cleaning windows he would probably get hounded by the ever so professional approach of everyone for trying to take their work, undercutting them and he must be a complete cowboy with no experience.

Isn't that what is being proposed here, or is it something else that I am missing??

Rob ;D

gary evans

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 08:37:44 am »
Nice one Rob

You must have spare time to type such a long reply??

Gary

EZclean

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:15 pm »
anyone heard of Sky  ;)
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

LWC

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:51:31 pm »
Think ill leave it then  ;D

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 03:58:22 pm »
anyone heard of Sky  ;)

Yes, but they dont do 50Mb broadband like Virgin  8)

For anyone seriously considering this proposal...

Dont forget you'll need aerial and satellite installers insurance to fit those! Due to it being roof work, it will be expensive no doubt.

Too many window cleaners to scared to get of the ground nowadays.. and your saying go Ariel fitting on roofs!?  ::)

@ M-CLEAN UK  - that area is quite nice, been to AT many times.. and driven thru the narrow twisty up and down lanes.. i could imagine what a nightmare TV receiving could be there..

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »
Isnt this a TV aerial fitters forum?

elite mike

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:03:07 pm »
Isnt this a TV aerial fitters forum?

i got a digital aerial off ebay for £12 fitted it my self took about 30 mins :o

we are in a good reception area thankfully  :)

elite mike

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:03 pm »
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bDTzp96O0gE/SjZkMnCSRdI/AAAAAAAAASI/qYYBkWDe9ww/s512/IMGP2655.JPG

heres a pic

mind you i would not want to get on the roof and do it ;D

LWC

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »
Nice house, you got a window cleaner mate?

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:15 pm »
thanks they get done at least once or twice a year

if shes lucky ;)

got one of my mates up the road , whos just getting into wfp

to practice  on them ;D

you missed a bit malc  ;)

GWCS

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bDTzp96O0gE/SjZkMnCSRdI/AAAAAAAAASI/qYYBkWDe9ww/s512/IMGP2655.JPG

heres a pic

2 aerials and a dish!!  :o thats just greedy

elite mike

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 09:34:59 pm »

heres a pic

2 aerials and a dish!!  :o thats just greedy

thats window cleaners for you ;D ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 12:06:10 am »
you cant fit a ariel with a pole so no point posting it on here