Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Gower

Beading and sheeting windows
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:21:15 pm »
Hi am new to wfp, but in the few jobs I have done I have noticed that when wet some windows bead and others don't. Why is that as the windows that have a sheet of water seem easier to clean than those that bead ???.

NWH

Re: Beading and sheeting windows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:40:29 pm »
All depends some glass has polish on it that causes them to bead but i love these type of windows cos there easy to do,a lot of old thin glass sheets and is also easier to clean.Hydrophilic glass sheets and hydrophobic beads,it all depends on what happens at the factory in the process when making the glass i`ve been told that under a microscope hydrophilic glass has smaller holes in the glass allowing water to sheet easier over the glass, where`s hydrophobic glass has larger 1`s allowing water to get trapped in them.This could be true but could also be completley wrong lol. ;D

cozy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:57:20 pm »
Nigel, I'm impressed mate. :o

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41:04 pm »
I prefer cleaning sheeting glazing.. dont like the beading as more chance of it spotting.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:51:42 pm »
I prefer cleaning sheeting glazing.. dont like the beading as more chance of it spotting.
You would think this is the case but not always,when they sheet you have to use more water in order to flush the glass if you don`t use enough water and you only half rinse you`ll still have problems.Sheeting windows i find are brilliant to clean if you use enough water,if you don`t lots of bits will cling half way down the glass.