Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

New lad working for me ...
« on: June 15, 2009, 08:07:19 am »
My 16yr old brother in law is having a rough time getting a job. My wife and i have said that he can come and work with me.

What he is doing will be dropping leaflets (works quite well here) when he is delivering Thompson Locals this week.

The idea is he drops the leaflets in certain areas that i havent targeted. When the calls come in i go out and quote the jobs.

What would you pay him ? hes going to be doing as much as he can in the holidays, come september hell be doing 2 and a half days with me working around college.

Dont want to loose out, but want to make it fair, so he can earn.

He'll have to come with me as he doesnt drive. He will have his own backpack & pole same as me. But ill be looking after the water and getting it ready etc each morning.

Thoughts and ideas appreciated

Thanks

JP
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

mr D

Re: New lad working for me ...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:25 am »
45 a day.

cant say fairer than that

trevor povey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 08:57:20 am »
For the leafletting run as   he is already dropping off directorys  drop the lad £80/100 and  call it a loss leader after all he,s family ;)

Afterwards for window cleaning £45.00 per day seems fair enough for a trainee ;) 

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 10:04:58 am »
£6 an hour with bonus incentives. You can make those up as you see fit.

Just because he's family that doesn't guarantee an easy ride. Oh and make sure you have employees insurance to cover him! Regardless if you take him on as a contractor - he's still using your van, equipment etc..

chuggers

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:58:59 pm »
I would say closer to £30 a day seen as he has to deliver the Thompsons anyway!
Maybe id stretch to £40 for family  :)
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 01:10:42 pm »
Hes not getting paid for delivering the leaflets. His mum will lend him the money for a backpack and pole if he shows willing. By delivering the leaflets he is showing willing.

What do i pay him when he's cleaning windows with me i should have said in my first post. was thinking about £50 a day

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 01:28:59 pm »
Gis a job ;D
Spit and polish

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:36:35 pm »
Pay him a percentage of the value of work he achieves.  That way he doesn't get paid for sitting in a cafe ;D

Also ensures he tries harder

Tim82

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
 You could pay him a third of what you make (I do that when my wife works with me doing downstairs, a thirs to me, a third to her and a third to the running of the busness)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:45 pm »
i like the % idea.

What about paying him 80% of the work he brings in ? That leaves me 20% proffit

He gets 50 houses &  has to clean 100 houses with me. Works fair then i think if he does the front and i do the back. What you guys think ?

Helen

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 08:24:55 pm »
i like the % idea.

What about paying him 80% of the work he brings in ? That leaves me 20% proffit

He gets 50 houses &  has to clean 100 houses with me. Works fair then i think if he does the front and i do the back. What you guys think ?
80%.....never, :o... not even for a fully trained Ian Lancaster ;D ;D
out of your 20% you have to pay employers national insurance, employee liability insurance, holiday pay, driving him around. Oh and just because he is family doesn't mean it will work well either. Set your rules and stick to them, make it clear that whilst he is working he is treated as an employee, when he's not he is family :)