Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wellsy43

help needed with a quote
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
i got a phone call from a local junior school asking me to quote on a walkway between 2 buildings. only 18 small windows and 2 doors so i quoted £20 for the outside and £30 for the inside. they bit my hand off and i did it today, it took about an hour cos the usual, bluetak, sellotape etc.

anyway while im there i got asked to quote on the whole school, twice a year, inside and out. it looks staight forward, mostly on ground floor but one two storey.

as i only do 1 other commercial job (shop) everything else is domestic, how would you price this job??? any advice appreciated.....thanx

Robin Ray

Re: help needed with a quote
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »
How long will it take?

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:40:25 pm »
Once you have worked out how long it will take, decide how much money you want to earn in that time inluding traveling and over heads.

m b shaw

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »
we always walk round a job first as if we were cleaning it, all the time taking notes of how we would do it, how long for this side, and how long for that side etc.we found if you look at the whole thing and try to price it s very hard,anyway, when you have your time worked out which needs to be working at a medium not fast rate if you see what i mean, you can multply hours x hourly rate that you want and get a total. just don t think that sounds a lot and knock it down,like i did when i first started. good luck mate.   cheers mick

m b shaw

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:47 pm »
just seen your last post and thats what i mean,theres a hell of a differance between 2 and 4 days so make sure you know exactly whats required.  cheers mick. ps 4 days it must be oxford or cambridge. ;