Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: People want everything for nothing.
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »
Planet zogs right, and the custires are usually mork & mindy ;)

Nanu, nanu ...
It's a game of three halves!

dave allen

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 03:35:19 pm »
gave a quote to a customer recently,normally charge £15 for her windows, she wanted her conservatory roof cleaned, she has large 4bed house and the conservatory was P shaped right accross the back,told her price would be £25 and she seemed ok with that. Returned to clean windows and roof which took 2 of us just over an hour, roof was really hard work!!when i knocked for the money she couldnt belive the £25 didnt include the windows aswell!!!She had right ump, didnt have enough money so ill have to pop back. Then i thought, did she expect us to work hard for £5 an hour each???

simon knight

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 03:58:33 pm »
Then i thought, did she expect us to work hard for £5 an hour each???

Of course! Who the hell do you think you are?  You should be grateful the good lady lets you clean her windows at all. ;D ;D

john tomkins

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 04:27:26 pm »
gave a quote to a customer recently,normally charge £15 for her windows, she wanted her conservatory roof cleaned, she has large 4bed house and the conservatory was P shaped right accross the back,told her price would be £25 and she seemed ok with that. Returned to clean windows and roof which took 2 of us just over an hour, roof was really hard work!!when i knocked for the money she couldnt belive the £25 didnt include the windows aswell!!!She had right ump, didnt have enough money so ill have to pop back. Then i thought, did she expect us to work hard for £5 an hour each???

Maybe my calculator is playing up but you said
Returned to clean windows and roof which took 2 of us just over an hour
You priced £25 roof £15 windows = £40  = £20 per man/hour
She thought £25 for roof and windows = £25 = £12.50 per man/hour.... not brilliant but certainly not £5 per hour :-\

weetot

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 06:44:37 pm »
Shazbot ::)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

pingu

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 07:10:45 pm »
As a reversal..I picked a customer the other day..(English lady) and when I told her the price she nearly fainted I swear...

I explained that I pay all my taxes blah, blah and I had no dount that if she rang around she could get the price down no worries....she then asked if she did that would I match it...No I replied...

She took me on....and the 1st clean price I asked which was a nice price...

Oh I do the posh house over the road that she said she really liked....

Keeping up with the Jones's?

Dave.

Londoner

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:28 am »

I have had the same situation, you have to make sure the customer understands that the £25 is extra.
I always say ".......and it will take me a good hour and a half to do"

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:49 am »
I quoted €170 for gutter fascia & soffit cleaning on a big 4 bed with a granny flat on Tuesday for a regular custie, he wasn't impressed at all. I explained that it included cleaning the windows too, it'd take half the day, price included VAT etc. Stuck to my guns and walked away.
An hour later I got a call for gutter cleaning,.. all the gear was in the van so I did it straight away. It worked out at €60 per hour, and the woman (who was home and watching me while I cleaned) was extremely appreciative and asked for cards to give to her friends!
Not everyone wants everything for nothing, & its nice to find the ones that still appreciate our work!

GWCS

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:38 am »
I always find that your regular custies who pay for example £12 for their windows, when you tell them the price for a proper time consuming, job will always be shocked.

Its those that are new to you, that will be happy to pay for the other services, and then sign you up for a regular clean (and you dont even have to ask if they would want that).

funny how it works sometimes.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 06:05:16 pm »
Saw a bill from a Gardening company.

Over £2000 for 3 small trees to be trimmed, a couple of bushes, and some extra turf. Would have taken a crew of three about a day I think. Plumbers are expensive, electricians charge the world. Except the cleaners are expected to charge peanuts, even after spending thousands on their systems. Silly.