Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pj

Re: Perspex roof cleaning, How much?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 07:59:03 pm »
True it won't even take a day, but they want it done out of hours.

They don't always go for the cheapest.  I got a commercial job one off last month and was undercut by 33%, they didn't want to over pay but they used me!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:09 pm »
Simon

You would need two men on this job, you should never work with an harness on your own.

I find with commercial if they like youre quote they wont shop around.

simon w

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »
Simon

You would need two men on this job, you should never work with an harness on your own.

I find with commercial if they like youre quote they wont shop around.

Yes a lot of work for one worker, not sure from the picture what fall arrest system they have on the roof if any, so it would perhaps involve MEWP which of course would cost more. I find with commercial if they have a quote for £300.00 and one for £500.00 then they will want to save money, providing they feel the work can be carried out to their specification.

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »
I wouldn't want to do it - looks quite restricted, and therefore would be asking for at least  £200.
you could stand on the high wall at the side and pole downwards  ;D

ccmids

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 09:18:31 pm »
£200.00 to clean that it will take you a day to do.

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 09:41:52 pm »
Cherry picker, trf and wfp and waterproofs, at a guess £350 plus hire of machine half a days work if that
reason, it will be a pain, and weekends cost more, price high if you get it result if not, nothing lost  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 11:36:54 pm »
SAJ I would be charging £300 plus the hire of a cherry picker, personally I wouldnt take it as its perspex and that scratches to hell, so cleaning it would be very difficult.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 11:40:06 pm »
SAJ I would be charging £300 plus the hire of a cherry picker, personally I wouldnt take it as its perspex and that scratches to hell, so cleaning it would be very difficult.

Matt
I clean a walk way alot bigger than that and it is perspex and is cleaned every 12 weeks scratching will only happen if you dont know how to clean it.

Ian
p.s that was not aimed at the last poster or anyone before someone jumps in
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 11:55:24 pm »
Window washers I was going on the fact most bus shelters are perspex and they're scratched to hell and weathered quite badly, I've seen guys cleaning those bus shelters and afterwards they look like they havent been cleaned.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 11:59:31 pm »
Window washers I was going on the fact most bus shelters are perspex and they're scratched to hell and weathered quite badly, I've seen guys cleaning those bus shelters and afterwards they look like they havent been cleaned.

Matt
more than likely they use tap water, and they cloud over more so in this weather, I made this mistake 12 weeks ago and had to redo the whole job, normally finish at 2 I was these till gone 7pm as I could not leave it in the state it was but i guess others would.

S.A.J

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:03 am »
Cheers all for the inputs.

I have been told I’m the only person quoting for this job and the roof HAS to be cleaned!

If I get it,

There will be 3 of us working this job 2 on the roof and one on the ground and will be cleaned on a Sunday start time 6am and finish time approx 10am.

Price I’m going to put in is £400.

Cheers all

Stuart.

S.A.J

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 03:11:09 pm »
Quick update guys got a phone call today and got told the job was 95% mine. Just got to write up a risk/method statement and then get it all Okayed by the big boss.

Will do before and after pics when we do finally start the job!!.

Cheers
Stuart

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »
so i guess you will be getting a lad to do the underside, wont be paying them loads, maybe £60? and you and your dad do the top?

£400 does seem well priced for three men. i think you could get more, but i guess you will be up early back early and over £250 quid better off, after you paid the other guys

Rob.Hall

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 06:45:09 pm »
£300.

S.A.J

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:08 am »
so i guess you will be getting a lad to do the underside, wont be paying them loads, maybe £60? and you and your dad do the top?

£400 does seem well priced for three men. i think you could get more, but i guess you will be up early back early and over £250 quid better off, after you paid the other guys

Spot on Alex accept im paying the lad (my future brother inlaw) £50.

Could have got a bit more money for it but there could be more work coming my way from these guys.

They have already asked me to price up some communal windows to be cleaned bi monthly.

Stuart  8)

ronnie paton

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 03:29:15 pm »
does the roof have a hand rail??
i cant see one ?? the problem this would bring is if you were to fall with a harnes on you would hit the floor or roof still i think.