Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon@arenaclean

Inline heater's, whats the truth
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:48:31 pm »
Hi, Would like opinions on inline heaters, and what one offers the best performance. Reading some other forums heaters seem to not work so well if starting from cold using high pressure as it can't heat the water fast enough. Having to start with warm or hot water rather defeats the point ??? So, if you use one does it work from cold, I know the discussion about using splitters, DFC or M-Power and cold water rinsing so we don't need to go there, I want to know about generating heat.

Thanks chaps ;D

Simon

Andrew Briscoe

Re: Inline heater's, whats the truth
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:48:09 pm »
I use one, but only occasionally on really trashed carpets, pubs restaurants, end of tenancy jobs etc,
i find it works really well, even from cold.

Why does putting hot or warm water in your tank defeat the point ??  you got to put something in wet,
might as well be hot/warm water.

I keep it 25-50' from wand, adjustable, so can have it warm or very hot.

regards,    Andrew

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:33:17 pm »
I ust the Heat & Run with my Powermax it works well even with cold water but when you compare it to my Raptor and Powerflight it dosent come close but they must be 2 of the best portys out for heat.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 05:01:28 pm »
I use one, but only occasionally on really trashed carpets, pubs restaurants, end of tenancy jobs etc,
i find it works really well, even from cold.

Why does putting hot or warm water in your tank defeat the point ??  you got to put something in wet,
might as well be hot/warm water.

I keep it 25-50' from wand, adjustable, so can have it warm or very hot.

regards,    Andrew
What I meant Andrew was if warm/hot water was needed in the tank what's the point in an inline heater. My need for one would be say when only cold is available. If an inline needed warm water to generate heat because it was unable to heat cold water under pressure. (meaning the heater could not heat it fast enough) In a situation where hot water is available the benefit of an inline heater would I assume be to maintain a set temp, as it would cool in the solution tank. I have a heater in the machine but it takes a while, an inline would mean I can fill with cold and get on with it after setting the temp, which will probably lengthen the life of the pump too. Hope i've come across more clearly.

Darren.

Can the heat and run be used on any machine, or is prochem specific?

Thanks for replies.

Darren O

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:14:17 pm »
It could work with any machine the good thing with Steempro machines is the heater just clips on to the back of it.

Robert Watson

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 06:56:49 pm »
The Prochem one I had caused an unacceptable drop in pressure.
Maybe it was faulty, as it was second hand.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:57:37 pm »
Mine will heat perctly well with cold water, the one i use can be used with any machine,
like i said i use it 25' from wand. I find it works better inline as the temp from machine heater can drop at wand
at hose runs i use, upto 100'

Andrew

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 12:47:30 am »
Heater is made by

Windsor industries Inc
Englewood Colorado

230v 50hz  8.5amp

Does the job when needed

Andrew

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:49:54 am »
I think you need to appreciate the priciple of inline heaters here. Although there are models available which will give some heat direct from cold they tend to be expensive. What you have inside the heater is an electric element. The water going through when you are cleaning is only in contact with that element for a few seconds at best. You can not expect that to heat cold water up to an aceptable temperature. The idea is that you run the warm water back into the tank until the tank water is at a suitable temperature to give you hot at the wand direct from the inline. There are no shortcuts. If you have an in tank heater use this until the water is at least warm and then you can run it through the inline to get hot. Use clay cold and you will struggle.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 07:55:57 am »
Hi Guys

I was thinking of posting something along the lines of heat exchange and then I read Johns post which sums it up.

If you want high pressure and high flow rates with cold water you would need several heat exchangers in series. These things are better looked as as a booster than an outright heater.

Cheers

Doug

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:15:06 pm »
I think you need to appreciate the priciple of inline heaters here. Although there are models available which will give some heat direct from cold they tend to be expensive. What you have inside the heater is an electric element. The water going through when you are cleaning is only in contact with that element for a few seconds at best. You can not expect that to heat cold water up to an aceptable temperature. The idea is that you run the warm water back into the tank until the tank water is at a suitable temperature to give you hot at the wand direct from the inline. There are no shortcuts. If you have an in tank heater use this until the water is at least warm and then you can run it through the inline to get hot. Use clay cold and you will struggle.

Thanks, that clears it up nicely.

sanjuro

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:09:33 pm »
Why not try little-giant.com/cleaning_heating.html TM heat or close to it