Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyatkinson

SPARES
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:42:36 pm »
just thinkin since malc's post of speeding up, someone mentioned keeping spare parts in case of the obvious, do many do this? is it standard to keep a spare of every part that could go belly up? it makes ssense though doesnt it, what would be the main bits?

matt

Re: SPARES
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 02:04:17 pm »
spare pump

spare pole

spare brush

thats it, anything goes wrong and i change over and have lost 10 mins work time

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:37:35 pm »
just thinkin since malc's post of speeding up, someone mentioned keeping spare parts in case of the obvious, do many do this? is it standard to keep a spare of every part that could go belly up? it makes ssense though doesnt it, what would be the main bits?

I have all sorts in my van in case of mishap.  Spare pole hose in case of splitting.  Spare hozelocks and appropriate fittings.  Appropriate spanners, screwdrivers, jubilee clips, O-rings, fuses, a pair of scissors.  All small stuff that can be fitted into a reasonable sized tupperware container.
I do have a spare pump too but that stays at home as it's only an rare change rather than thew smaller stuff that can get knocked around more.  Oh yes, I've even had need of a spare hosereel fitting that can take a hozelock.

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 02:39:38 pm »
spare rubbers and spare applicator,bucket and belt,spare scraper blades  ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:32:55 pm »
Spare pump and varistream, spare pole and brushes, hose tap, 'Y' piece, scraper and blades, rubbers and a spare length of hose from microbore to hose tap (this is the one most likely to go 'cos it's not reinforced and it's under pressure most of the time.

AJ

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:01:30 pm »
12v lighter socket and lead. for flat or forgotten battery

matt

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:00 pm »
Spare pump and varistream, spare pole and brushes, hose tap, 'Y' piece, scraper and blades, rubbers and a spare length of hose from microbore to hose tap (this is the one most likely to go 'cos it's not reinforced and it's under pressure most of the time.

dont you have 27 poles in your van aswell  ? ? ? ?

tomy jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 07:14:10 pm »
and spear nees for trad lads  ;D ;D ;D