Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

cherry pickers help
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:56:30 pm »
I need to know the foloowing asap.

Where can I get a liecence to use one asap

Can I hire a cherry picker with a operator and go up on it, never used or been in one

what size cherry picker for a 5 floor property this includes ground floor there is a 6.5 door way with steps 3, they are about 8 inches each high other area is not problem as can drive into it, the ground is mud on half of it, an up down one would be no good as I need it to reach windows in recess in roof.

What do these things cost per day ?

Any help would be welcomed guys.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

foxy

Re: cherry pickers help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:09:30 pm »
it sounds like a lot of bother. hope it is worth it for you  :) 5 floors is about 60 foot (i think); you'd prob need a cherry picker fixed to the back of a lorry, (the only ones i have seen go that high) you could hire a lift and operatot but i'm sure it'll cost a lot.
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

carlp

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:14:07 pm »
hi Ian give us a ring tomorrow will be able to help you 07970481572

simbag

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »
Give these guys a call, they do a course in Peterborough I think. If I recall correctly its about £200 +VAT. You get certified on mobile boom and scissor lift.

http://www.businessmagnet.co.uk/company/hoperoleltd-106625.htm

Also, JV Price on here might be able to help you out, if you just want an operator to do it.

I think you can be talking around £500 to hire for a day. These guys are the sister company of above, so you could try them:

www.risehire.co.uk

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
Avoid work like that in high winds,... its scary stuff being 60' up and the cradle swaying more with each gust,...

:)

IPAF certification isn't hard to get, its only a 1 day course I think and about £150 - £200 odd, but if you haven't much experience get an operator with the machine for the first few jobs till you're confident enough to go it alone.

Personally I prefer machines with outriggers,.. they can self level on uneven ground, and even on level ground they feel a lot more stable when you're up high!

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 10:32:48 pm »
get a company to do a site survey youll find loads do it for free, if you tell them what its for they will tell you
1-the best machine for the job
2-the price

If its a vehcile mounted one it will come with a operator if not then you can get a ipaf licence done for they amounts that have been said.

Mr Formby

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:53 pm »
I used to hire  one I could tow behind my van .Thats before I was IPAF , all they wanted was my money , and they gave me 30mins on how to use the machine .

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »
it all depends on the job and how quick you want to do it, ie you doont want to have to keep getting out to move the out ringgers to move the machine ect

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 11:22:34 pm »
hi stranger

have you got this sorted yet if you need any help give me a shout

charlie