Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

smearo

water butts
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:12 pm »
if was to buy a couple of water butts and purify my water during day at home whilst i was workin, what would i need to transfer my water from back shed to to van bearing in mind i live in a terraced house and the water would have fair way to travel also how long would it take ????

Window Washers

Re: water butts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:48:52 pm »
if was to buy a couple of water butts and purify my water during day at home whilst i was workin, what would i need to transfer my water from back shed to to van bearing in mind i live in a terraced house and the water would have fair way to travel also how long would it take ????
I would open your front door and go through your hosue not ideal but will be quicker fix, I have a transfer pump and fills 650l tanks in about 10 mins, wickes about £30
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

smearo

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:51:27 pm »
do u just use normal hose to connect to transfer pump

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:39 pm »
do u just use normal hose to connect to transfer pump
no I use about inch and a half tricoflex hose (sorry I dont know the correct size of it, but I do know it stands up like a snake if not held on put on its fixing to the tanks
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

smearo

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:57:51 pm »
would garden hose be ok or would it take longer or would it not be correct fittings cheers..

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:58:43 pm »
would garden hose be ok or would it take longer or would it not be correct fittings cheers..
I would not use garden hose, because if you can get it to fit it will slow it down, what area are you  in ?

when you fill up you car/van next look at the size hose that is about the same as you need for a quick fill

smearo

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:59:50 pm »
epsom surrey s i need certain hose as well

matt

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:04:54 pm »
you can get some very nice PVC 1 & 1/2 hose

or failing that

you could get TWO subpumps that take a garden hose, then just zip tie the together at 1 unit

it does work

cheers
matt

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:12:07 pm »

or failing that

you could get TWO subpumps that take a garden hose, then just zip tie the together at 1 unit

it does work

cheers
matt

Would be cheaper to get the right hose the first time,

smearo

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 08:14:03 pm »
where is best place to buy then??
windowwashers why ask location ??

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 10:48:38 pm »
where is best place to buy then??
windowwashers why ask location ??
Because if you was near me I would have shown you what I have trying to help you nothing more nothing less, and maybe others would to the same.

I got my sub pump from wickes (I like the name although they spelt it wrong)

you can order online and have it delivered to local store so no delivery charge.

Ian

matt

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 11:27:56 pm »

or failing that

it does work

cheers
matt

Would be cheaper to get the right hose the first time,

depends

2 X sub pumps 40 - 50 quid

2 X hosepipe from somewhere like wilko's 10 - 15 quid

65 quid max

now i know how much i paid for my hose, and my option above is not far away from it

hindsight and all that

smearo

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:52:19 am »
cheers you two both good advice gonna have to decide which option as the way im doing now is time consuming and the mrs keeps moaning cos i cant sit still lol...