Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy2847

Yet another RO enquiry!!
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:34:31 pm »
Hi Guys
Just wondered if someone may be able to put my mind at rest. Set up my Ro from pure freedom this afternoon and just finished flushing it through for 2 hours before attaching it to Di. My reading  from the production hose now reads 29 is this not too high?? i know it has yet to go throught he DI but i was thinking it should be alot lower. My tap TDS is 330 which i know is fairly hight but does this seem about right before Di?? Hope someone can put my mind at rest.
Thanks
Andy

Nathanael Jones

Re: Yet another RO enquiry!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:38:35 pm »
Thats about right. If you had higher water pressure it might drop lower,.. but I'm guessing your pressure is 40 psi or so?

tompoole

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:22:48 pm »
should get it down to TDS of about 10/15.

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:21 pm »
when you say you flushed it, did you have the setting on flush or production?
Cos you need it on production for 1/2 hour or so and then throw it away.
It is a different flush to the the normal maintenance flush.

kris martin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:05:33 pm »
that seems quite high to me also, my RO polishes the water down to 000 without a DI but my water is 067

andy2847

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:21:57 pm »
That tds reading of 29 was after 2 hours of initial flushing when it was in the flow position .maybe i need to run it for half hour or so in the produce position. now getting a bit worried that i wont be able to get my tds down to 00 when run through the Di. Thanks for your help guys
Cheers
Andy

kris martin

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:25:40 pm »
That tds reading of 29 was after 2 hours of initial flushing when it was in the flow position .maybe i need to run it for half hour or so in the produce position. now getting a bit worried that i wont be able to get my tds down to 00 when run through the Di. Thanks for your help guys
Cheers
Andy

i dont think you will have a problem getting 000 from 029 through your di, it takes mine a  minute or two in the produce position to go from 003 to 000

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 11:22:09 pm »
Cheers
Andy

when you say you flushed it, did you have the setting on flush or production?
Cos you need it on production for 1/2 hour or so and then throw it away.
It is a different flush to the the normal maintenance flush.

Maybe it wasn't a good explanation.
Yes you do have to produce your water to initially flush it.
SO you produce water but don't connect to your di vessel. Let that go down the drain or wherever.
After 1/2 hour, test the tds.

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 11:24:34 pm »
Also, if you don't have a booster pump you tds will be higher.
Produce 30 litres of water without it going into di vessel. Test. let us know.  :)

stig

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 08:59:18 pm »
my tap ppm = 367
after flushing for 20 mins then producing for 20 mins before connecting to di its down to 016 ppm, never been any lower .....mines a 200gpd from purefreedom
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 09:06:15 pm »
My first ro was from pure freedon and I was getting about 30 out after ro it took a couple of weeks for it to drop, I am guessing you will find this aswell, a booster pump will help for sure
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

andy2847

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:03:09 pm »
Thanks to all you guys for your advice. Done all you asked and tds after production for 1 hour (before  attaching di) was 26. Put into Di and now getting 000 which is obviously ideal

andy2847

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 09:08:22 pm »
Thanks to all you guys for your advice. Done all you asked and tds after production for 1 hour (before  attaching di) was 26. Put into Di and now getting 000 which is obviously ideal. Take on board what you all say about booster pump as it has taken 36 hours to produce 300 litres from a 200gpd system, is this normal??? appreciate booster pump will take a lot less time to fill and will bring tds down slightly. Been a right pain actually as left it all today to produce and gone in tonight to check to see how it was all going and floor in shed was soaking and appears that the tap from water butts bought from bandq has been letting by so am not a happy bunny!!!! tightened it all up and emptied it into my containers for my trolley and now going for it again!! so wish me luck haha. aLL YOUR HELP GUYS IS GREAT THANKS VERY MUCH