Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

white dotting doing trad
« on: April 04, 2009, 12:29:31 pm »
About 3 days ago I practiced on some windows. Now they have white spotting on them.

Did I use to much fairy?

I have some new unger liquid now (5ltr) How much should I be using if I half fill a 15ltr bucket of cold water?

Thanks  :)

simon knight

Re: white dotting doing trad
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 12:54:49 pm »

I don't use any gear these days...just plain water. OK the blade doesn't run as smoothly but I get zero spotting and zero smear and can detail with damp scrim.

mrdave3000

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:09:26 pm »
I use fairy, I actualy preffer it over all the window cleaning solutions that are out.

If you cleaned the windows a few days ago and now today there is some spotting,, I would guess that it rained at some point between then and now.  Nothing to worry about  ;)

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:37 pm »
im going to have another go now. how do you all do it scrub 1 glass unit at a time and then blade or 2 at a time etc.

I have been doing 1 at a time but I do need to get quicker

ftp

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:32 pm »
Adam, get onto utube and search around for window cleaning or how to clean a window, there's loads of clips out there (some bad ones too) but you'll soon get the hang of it.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 03:12:22 pm »
thanks im going to do that now.

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 03:53:35 pm »
sounds like mineral spotting to me.. nothing to do with the cleaning detergent your using. Its etching of the glass, and in some cases permanent!

Its cos they never had their windows properly cleaned some time in the past and allowed the dust and water to cause it.