Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyatkinson

poo poles
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:28:33 pm »
why are fg poles so poo, ive had 2 first one lasted 3 months before the clamps wouldnt hold it any more and extended it would just collapse inside itself. my new xline one has been in use for 2 weeks and is shaving thinner with every use. might have to shell out for a decent pole but dread the thought of buying a more expensive one too often

ftp

Re: poo poles
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:33:46 pm »
Get what you pay for mostly.  ;)

andyatkinson

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »
yeah i get that but my point is if i fork out more will it just happen the same. eg £80 pole 3 months span £400 pole 1 year?or the more you spend can you get a decent lifespan out of it? coz personally i cannot see the point at all in a fg pole as life span seems so ridiculously short.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:40:37 pm »
Well, the fishing poles last remarkably well if you don't step on them (no clamps to wear out the pole).

andyatkinson

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
wat about somethin like 24ft x tel hybrid from gardiners, carbon fibre, ok pole? life span ok?
with the fishing poles what do you have instead of clamps then?

kenaltobelli

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 06:46:42 pm »
i have brodex seem to last well also got facelift for 30 ft lasted so long about 4 yrs so far

andyatkinson

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:18 pm »
ok 4 years thats cool that gives me more hope then, thanks

simon w

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:06:30 pm »
why are fg poles so poo, ive had 2 first one lasted 3 months before the clamps wouldnt hold it any more and extended it would just collapse inside itself. my new xline one has been in use for 2 weeks and is shaving thinner with every use. might have to shell out for a decent pole but dread the thought of buying a more expensive one too often

Hi Andy.

What GF poles have you been using?. For typical residential work we use the 21FT glass fibre X-TEL pole this is fitted with a 12" goose neck and Super-Lite brush. These poles get used every day, so far we've had  7 months use out of them and although they are starting to look used there's still plenty of life left in them. there not too heavy, but a bit whippy if you use them fully extended. The clamps are very good easy to use and rarely need tightening.

For higher work we use the Facelift carbon fibre up to 57FT. This has been a good pole over three years old and still in very good condition, The Facelift brush is quite heavy but very long lasting.

We are about to change to the SLX for our residential and light commercial work as they seem to be lighter and more versatile to use, although a lot more expensive than GF X-tel's I feel the extra money spent will well worth the extra productivity.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 07:38:41 pm »
simon can you switch the facelift to anouther brush had a go ? maybe a vikan

andyatkinson

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
an x line pole, not entirely sure which one as was 2nd hand bt never used

andyatkinson

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 07:45:58 pm »
its light enough and a good reach, must be about 22ft easy reaches 3rd storey but the grey colour is wearing off fast down to the rough layer underneath. crap

simon w

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 07:59:55 pm »

Yes Cleantech sell an adapter for the facelift pole, you have to remove the Facelift goose neck replace with the adapter, you can then use a Vikan brushhead.

I think Gardiner Poles also sell a screw end, which would allow you to use their type 2 goose neck and perhaps a Super-lite brushhead.

Best to check Cleantech and Gardiners web-sites for further info.

Simon

R W C

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 08:12:48 pm »

Yes Cleantech sell an adapter for the facelift pole, you have to remove the Facelift goose neck replace with the adapter, you can then use a Vikan brushhead.

I think Gardiner Poles also sell a screw end, which would allow you to use their type 2 goose neck and perhaps a Super-lite brushhead.

Best to check Cleantech and Gardiners web-sites for further info.

Simon

Facelift also sell them, i got one when i got my facelift pole last week.

telboy

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:33 pm »
If your pole collapses into itself
try wrapping an elastic band tightly just above the clamp
on the section that slides in.
and you will be able to work ok.

Hope this makes sense

matt

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 01:36:49 pm »

with the fishing poles what do you have instead of clamps then?

they just slot into each other

my Ron Thompsom zensorflex is approaching 2 years old

cost, slightly over 20 quid

value for money, yes

BUT

its not about the value for money, after you have used a GF pole, then the weight difference will be a fair bit, the lightness is what sells it, not the value for money

rah

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 02:28:06 pm »
A good wipe down every couple of days and a coating of AG, SRP Polish helps, Just getting to a first year of a x-tel bargain basement pole, and can't fault it, reckon it's got another 6 months left at least.

Rob.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Rob.Hall

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »
I have a 30ft x tel. Great pole.

Use it every day. It gets hammered.

Although a little whippy it can be used to your advantage.

I never fully extend the sections fully which I am sure has made it last longer. pole will be a gardiners or simular.

Next

mci services

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 10:24:02 pm »
just had 18 months from  a unger tele pole (aliminum)10 mtrs or 30 ish feet replaced the green threads this week and should be good for another 18 months, total cost of the repairs about a fiver
and it costs well under a ton

Big Dave @ CWC

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »
i use the ecoline pole, cheap yet still use it after 2 years, so far only had to replace one clamp and two of them nasel strip thingies.  suits me, could never splash out for them £300 plus poles, don't seem worth it.

stevieg

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 10:24:08 am »
brodex elite aluminium . like the prolong but lighter and cheaper.