Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Re: south lanarkshire licence
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:42 am »
On the other side of the scale you have the person who does not licence their employees, do not train them how to use a ladder charge 3 pond a house. They then run their business by saying to their employee 1 pound for you, 1 pound for me, 1 pound for my overheads, and by the way you have to clean 60 houses in a day as target.

Doug

Doug,

Interesting and well-written post, but the above makes me smile.  It must be tough running a window cleaning business in Scotland; never mind your rotten weather.

I've spent time in Paisley and East-Kilbride and nothing that some Jocks do would ever surprise me.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 09:18:32 am »
On the other side of the scale you have the person who does not licence their employees, do not train them how to use a ladder charge 3 pond a house. They then run their business by saying to their employee 1 pound for you, 1 pound for me, 1 pound for my overheads, and by the way you have to clean 60 houses in a day as target.

Doug

Doug

I've spent time in Paisley and East-Kilbride and nothing that some Jocks do would ever surprise me.

wit u oan aboot tosh 8)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 09:19:45 am »
translation: would you care to explain what experiences you have had while being a guest in our wonderful country? :D

Darren O

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 09:43:42 am »
Tosh how did you like Paisley thats my kneck of the woods.

JSMC

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 02:40:44 pm »
anothe rcomplaint now regarding west lothian council I have a licence from them abnd my renewal came in other day and i calle dthem to see if i had to send in new photographs for it. Their reply no you now have to come into our offices to have yer picture taken at a certain time ????????????

i will now have a round trip of about 50 mile si reckon to pose for a picture.

joke >:(

Tosh

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 02:46:43 pm »

Yes, it was fun; I was there as a squaddie during the firmen strikes.

The locals were great.  They'd set fire to bins/cars/anything flamable, wait four hours for the army to find the fire and then chuck bricks us!

Two of my mates got a kicking whilst in uniform going to a video shop from a pack of the Paisleyites.

It reminded me of West Belfast during the troubles.

As for Eastkilbride, I've a Scotish half-sister who lives there with her mad husband whose a true 'Prod'.  I haven't seen them in years; they're proper degenerates; very much like the Rab C Nesbit family.

When I'm in Glasgow, I feel almost middle-class.  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 02:48:42 pm »
anothe rcomplaint now regarding west lothian council I have a licence from them abnd my renewal came in other day and i calle dthem to see if i had to send in new photographs for it. Their reply no you now have to come into our offices to have yer picture taken at a certain time ????????????

i will now have a round trip of about 50 mile si reckon to pose for a picture.

joke >:(

If it's not policed, I personally wouldn't bother.  That is rubbish; even for a passport you can send pictures off in the post; and if they're not happy with them; they send them back.

JSMC

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 04:51:41 pm »

Yes, it was fun; I was there as a squaddie during the firmen strikes.

The locals were great.  They'd set fire to bins/cars/anything flamable, wait four hours for the army to find the fire and then chuck bricks us!

Two of my mates got a kicking whilst in uniform going to a video shop from a pack of the Paisleyites.

It reminded me of West Belfast during the troubles.

As for Eastkilbride, I've a Scotish half-sister who lives there with her mad husband whose a true 'Prod'.  I haven't seen them in years; they're proper degenerates; very much like the Rab C Nesbit family.

When I'm in Glasgow, I feel almost middle-class.  ;D

i can picture him mate. mor elikely a bitte rbigot and catholic hater jsut like the rest in west of scotland. I am catholic and worked ina place which was veryy bitter towards catholics. ye would have no idea some of the crap that goes on but in saying that if ye were in belfast ye mos tlikely know what i mean

Darren O

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 06:05:29 pm »
You get a lot of Numptys in the West Coast more interested in what school you went to than anything else anyway Sunday come on the Hoops.

JSMC

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 06:49:35 pm »
hoops man myself mos tof my mates support the gers and airdrie, aberdeen etc.

united nations lol

ye ever use CM?

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 08:23:53 pm »
D. A. Services

I know that will never happen with one licence for the whole of Scotland, but is there really any justification for it being the way it is. Is there some positive affect on the industry from separate areas or is it preventing some expected negative effects on the industry if there was one for all.

Maybe I am not being open minded enough but I cant see any, as a window cleaner I am going to want to keep my customers as neatly compact as I can, that’s the way the business is. So what is this segregation going to achieve that the beast doesn't already.

More money for local councils, guaranteeing them there slices of the pie.

Doug, your response was very well written and most seem to be blissfully unaware that you have not answer my question. So I post again in hopes you might share your thoughts. I ask you only because you have taken active measure to improve the licensing system feel you could give a better incite than most, I do believe there is a need for the system and that it has achieved allot already, however raising the price of the half price window cleaners will also raise the price of the legitimate, so the variance would be the same, it would only change if they were forced to pay tax etc. Just a thought(imo link it to the tax office).

JSMC

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 10:16:33 am »
DA what about this nonsense of having to go to west lothian council offices to have yer picture taken?
As said by anothe rposter ye can get a passport issued easier it would seem ???

DASERVICES

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 09:35:29 pm »
D. A. Services

I know that will never happen with one licence for the whole of Scotland, but is there really any justification for it being the way it is. Is there some positive affect on the industry from separate areas or is it preventing some expected negative effects on the industry if there was one for all.

Maybe I am not being open minded enough but I cant see any, as a window cleaner I am going to want to keep my customers as neatly compact as I can, that’s the way the business is. So what is this segregation going to achieve that the beast doesn't already.

Doug, your response was very well written and most seem to be blissfully unaware that you have not answer my question. So I post again in hopes you might share your thoughts. I ask you only because you have taken active measure to improve the licensing system feel you could give a better incite than most, I do believe there is a need for the system and that it has achieved allot already, however raising the price of the half price window cleaners will also raise the price of the legitimate, so the variance would be the same, it would only change if they were forced to pay tax etc. Just a thought(imo link it to the tax office).

All applications are forwarded onto IR,those caught information is being looked at to pass onto DWP. It is WIP at moment.

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 08:44:28 am »
Ok, I will ask everyone, can anyone answer this...

D. A. Services