Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: How long to build a full round?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 07:58:42 pm »
,lots of busy fools aswell.
wish i had a pound for everytime youve said that  ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 08:01:43 pm »
Nothing wrong with the Guild, but you should also join the FWC

Can you explain to me how the FWC can benefit my company as when i spoke to them they just seemed more interested in my money, Im a memeber of fsb and sorting buy with confidence and safe contractor.

martinsadie

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 08:24:33 pm »

Nwh, i think being a busy fool is necessary as you progress. When I was trad £70 was about my best day. I would still work for £70 if i had too.
did you finish at dinner  ;D ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:31:15 pm »
Full day and tired out. Possibly could see that some could hit a tonne, but not day in day out. It's the hardest way to earn a living i've ever known. If this is what you do hats off to you Stan.

If i had another go now i'd probably do better. I'm trying to learn insides at the mo, expecially how not to get dirty water on carpets. Any tips for me?

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 08:36:49 pm »
sometimes get tired but not that bad,
tips
dont put to much water on your applicater
when bladeing hold your applicator underneath to catch a lot of the water
use a towel to wipe window bottom

NWH

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:59 pm »
,lots of busy fools aswell.
wish i had a pound for everytime youve said that  ;D ;D
Yeah well there`s a lot of busy fools on here need telling lol. ;D

R W C

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 08:40:05 pm »
Full day and tired out. Possibly could see that some could hit a tonne, but not day in day out. It's the hardest way to earn a living i've ever known. If this is what you do hats off to you Stan.

If i had another go now i'd probably do better. I'm trying to learn insides at the mo, expecially how not to get dirty water on carpets. Any tips for me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QrJRkne7GA

martinsadie

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 08:42:02 pm »
wouldnt mind her cleaning my windows  ;D ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 09:06:14 pm »

Can you explain to me how the FWC can benefit my company as when i spoke to them they just seemed more interested in my money, Im a memeber of fsb and sorting buy with confidence and safe contractor.

If you can’t see how it would benefit you as a window cleaner….   :o

FSB about £100 and the FWC about £100, you can go around collecting memberships but these two are the best for “business & window cleaning”.

IOSH certificates £150 last 3 or more years for H&S & good insurance polices £200.

Total about average about £450 a year

If you haven’t got any of those but a load of others, you have either paid to little or paying too much.

Or don’t have any of the above you will still be a legitimate window cleaner, as none are required by law, professional I don’t think so!

Sorry Ewan im not one of these thats just going to pick holes in you like some have but i didnt see a answer in that response, i generally wish to know how the FWC can benefit me, I honestly dont think it can and when it came to choosing i went with the fsb because i felt i had good support with them as im a sole trader and felt alone to begin with.

Chris

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 09:08:04 pm »

If you can’t see how it would benefit you as a window cleaner….   :o

FSB about £100 and the FWC about £100, you can go around collecting memberships but these two are the best for “business & window cleaning”.

IOSH certificates £150 last 3 or more years for H&S & good insurance polices £200.

Total about average about £450 a year

If you haven’t got any of those but a load of others, you have either paid to little or paying too much.

Or don’t have any of the above you will still be a legitimate window cleaner, as none are required by law, professional I don’t think so!

Is this what you have Ewan ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

R W C

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »
Still dont really feel that me spending £120 or whatever it is just to make up the numbers justifys what i get for my money, when I phoned them up they said theyll send me a pack, all this was was a 2 year out of date magazine and telling me id get £50 off my insurance with allied, all i feel is id get a sticker saying FWC on it, dont think custys will be too interested in this. FSB is much better known to the general public, I wouldnt spend money on a company just in the hope that more people will join.

martindrz400

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 10:38:36 pm »
a life time

s.hughes

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 10:24:33 am »
To build a round can be done quickly to build a good 1 will take years and i mean years.
Very true
So very true

seandyer2003

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:08 am »
To build a round can be done quickly to build a good 1 will take years and i mean years.
Very true
So very true

I was going to say the same!! Its best i think if you can quickly get to a stage where you can cover bills and overheads then look for good work then to sllowly weed out the bad and get to your ideal wage :)

s.hughes

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 11:08:36 am »
Very true
So very true

I was going to say the same!! Its best i think if you can quickly get to a stage where you can cover bills and overheads then look for good work then to sllowly weed out the bad and get to your ideal wage :)
Yet again so very true