Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy2847

omnipole trailer some help please
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:01 pm »
Hi guys.
i am a part time traditional window cleaner who does window cleaning alongside a full time job, i work shifts so have time off roughly 2 whole days a week to do the windows. i have been looking at the omnipole trailer system which is a 250 ltr system but has a quick fill ro on it so can top up tank from full to empty in about 2 hours, so makes sense if i am running short then i can plug into customers tap and fill as i go ( i think!!!). my main concern is as its a fast fill system will it go through all the filters and the di like there is no tomorrow (by this i mean use the stuff inside the filters alot quicker) or is it a economical method of cleaning the windows , sorry for my lack of technical jargon but dont know a awful lot about this!! i need it to be as efficient as possible  as i know a pure di would not be as i live in a hard water area. my other concern is would i use up alot more fuel if towing this full up, obviously i would use more than i would without towing but would it be economical. i hope somebody can help me with these queries, it woul be much appreciated, or do i get a van with a van mount system (alot more expensive). well hope that all makes sense.many thanks
Andy
PHEW!!!
here is the link on ebay to the trailer
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Compact-complete-window-cleaning-trailer-250L_W0QQitemZ280226984250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA?hash=item280226984250&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Nathanael Jones

Re: omnipole trailer some help please
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:00 pm »
I didn't even click the link,..

DON'T BUY A TRAILER!!!!

They're just so much hassle for parking, turning, manoeuvring etc etc.

If you don't want a van system, go for a backpack or trolley. Its much more convenient, and prob a lot cheaper too.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:20:18 am »
There is nothing wrong with that system at all. The unit uses a Merlin RO system, which is very good. You will need to replace the pre-filter fairly regularly though and it could do with a sediment pre-filter adding to the set-up (fairly cheap and plenty of room under the trailer lid).

I used a trailer set-up for about 6 years, this was used in combination at first with a trolley and then as a secondary system when my vehicle couldn't carry enough water.

What I found with the trailer is that it is a hassle free way to set-up, but spreads the hassle for the rest of your working life!

I have now got rid of the trailer (use it for holidays now minus the water tanks!) and rely on a larger vehicle tank. This really is the easiest method (IMO).

If you can get a vehicle that will carry a water tank, then it would be a lot easier.

seandyer2003

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:08 am »
I am getting rid of my trailer as its a big bugger and is too hard to reverse and park in cul de sacs etc, going for a trolley for now, and then a van mount asap!!

Unless you get a really tiny trailer dont do it, or unless you are a hgv driver :)

even then the problem is parking and space etc!!

andy2847

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 03:21:48 pm »
Thanks guys
well that really answers my questions and your advice is all pretty much similar, so will look into exploring different avenues but will have to tery keep the cost down as with that trailer it was £1750 then i would need a reel and pole so for £2100 approx i should be able to get a good set up. thanks once again